Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed - (21 reviews )

Not again.
By Lisa M. Kaiser

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT with 90,000 miles. I have had to replace the transmission, front differential, and the transfer case (which I am currently looking for). I had a 1997 Tahoe with 287,000 miles and it ran like a new automobile until I was hit in the back and totaled it. That was the bomb. This one has been the biggest money pit. Sorry I ever purchased this vehicle. The sunroof is leaking costs another $1,000.00. Close to $9,000...shame.

240,000 miles and going strong
By Travis Ray

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 EXT in Oct 2004 and still own it today (April 2015) with 240,000 miles. This is the best damn car/truck I've ever owned. Runs and looks great with only minor maint issues over the years.

I love my cady
By mancuusa

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Hi readers...i had a bmw525 07 and for obvious economical reasons i had to go down on budget, but i didnt wanted to loose the confort and prestige i had. I picked the Escalade since its well knowing and its American! 05 with 60k miles on it...no regrets at all!!

AWB since i pull my 20' boat every weekend...the roomy box to put all my stuff...

for that year i wish had an up dated panel control...but its still good

gas its the problem
By PAblo Ave

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Hi I just steped out of a BMW525 07 since economy obligated me to lower down my bills...and i wanted a USA truck (work reasons) but i didnt wanted to loose the luxury...and i didn't. This truck will meet my needs and expectations...has far of mechanical problems my truck has little over 60k and so far so good. Gas its a little issue but is a truck with a powerfull 6.0 v8 if i was going to watch over that i would have gotten a 4 or 6 cyl. I wanted to be able to move my boat..load boxes in the trunk..take my bikes...and still feeling i was on my 525i 07 and i am!

Great truck
By Stephen Blankenship

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love this truck. Try driving a F150 and compare gas mileage! Or a Tundra. What do people expect when they drive a truck? We're getting over 18 on the hwy with over a 100,000 problem free miles! In fact, we are buying a new one.

The overall luxurious feel and ride.

It would be nice if the tailgate locked & unlocked with the remote locking system.