Used 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Escalade-ext - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed - (48 reviews )

The EXT
By shinjitsu

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Truck has been nothing but good to me. I have a little over 100k now and have had to replace rear air shock/struts, under warranty the rotors and two brake calipers. This thing runs like a champ with that 6 liter under the hood! Even with the newer body styles running around I still get the occasional thumbs up from folks. Keep your foot out of it and MPGs are alright.

Favorite Features

All-wheel drive, Bose sound system, locking rear and side compartments. Rear DVD entertainment. HID headlights, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth, 6spd trans

STILL love this truck six years later
By Sandy

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

What a beautiful vehicle this has been. She's riding as good as day one and turns heads every day. An elegant vehicle with studly capability to work like a dog if the need arises. Luxury interior. Best ever seen in a truck. Not one single mechanical problem with 100,000 miles. I hope to keep her for another 100K. And I'm a woman who is a certified "truck hater" by birth.

Favorite Features

Dependability, looks, road presence

Suggested Improvements

? hybrid ?

2004 Escalade EXT ownership
By William J Mammone

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very glad I purchased this vehicle. It rides and handles and tows great. Comfortable and easy to drive. It can carry people or items 8' long with the midgate down. Suits all of my needs.

Favorite Features

Midgate system, OnStar, phone, navigation system, looks, and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more dealer add-on options like painted molded mud guards which can be ordered on the regular Escalade, but not offered on the EXT.

Cadillac, worth every penny
By Saleenster

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Escalade has been a very dependable truck. If you are looking for luxury, but still want the ruggedness of a truck, this is it. I highly recommend it. The Bose audio is decent, but you really need a sub to go with it. It is fun to drive. The factory chrome wheels will do for a while, but I really need to upgrade to bigger rims. Overall, I like the exterior and interior styling and the performance is there when you need it.

Favorite Features

The great cargo room, xenon lights, engine performance, windows in the back that go all the way down, storage bins in the back that lock so you can put ice in to cool drinks, the 6 CD changer, and steering control features.

Suggested Improvements

It absolutely needs a touch screen navigation system. Even when concentrating using the controls to spell something takes forever and easily mispells. Save money, buy one with out the nav and put your own in there if you really want one. The only other thing is I wish is that the rear window went down electronically.

Awesome Truck!
By John

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for six months and 8,000 miles. Great ride and handling. This truck has excellent power, I have towed a 7,000 lb. trailer and it felt like there was nothing behind me. The only problem I have had is with the navigation system not working correctly and a whining in the front drivetrain but they were both fixed by the dealership.

Favorite Features

Everything! I love this truck!

Suggested Improvements

I think heated rear seats is all I wish this truck had.