2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Escalade-ext - Consumer Reviews

2004 Escalade EXT Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed - (48 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

The EXT
By shinjitsu

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Truck has been nothing but good to me. I have a little over 100k now and have had to replace rear air shock/struts, under warranty the rotors and two brake calipers. This thing runs like a champ with that 6 liter under the hood! Even with the newer body styles running around I still get the occasional thumbs up from folks. Keep your foot out of it and MPGs are alright.

Favorite Features

All-wheel drive, Bose sound system, locking rear and side compartments. Rear DVD entertainment. HID headlights, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth, 6spd trans

STILL love this truck six years later
By Sandy

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

What a beautiful vehicle this has been. She's riding as good as day one and turns heads every day. An elegant vehicle with studly capability to work like a dog if the need arises. Luxury interior. Best ever seen in a truck. Not one single mechanical problem with 100,000 miles. I hope to keep her for another 100K. And I'm a woman who is a certified "truck hater" by birth.

Favorite Features

Dependability, looks, road presence

Suggested Improvements

? hybrid ?

2004 Escalade EXT ownership
By William J Mammone

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very glad I purchased this vehicle. It rides and handles and tows great. Comfortable and easy to drive. It can carry people or items 8' long with the midgate down. Suits all of my needs.

Favorite Features

Midgate system, OnStar, phone, navigation system, looks, and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more dealer add-on options like painted molded mud guards which can be ordered on the regular Escalade, but not offered on the EXT.

Cadillac, worth every penny
By Saleenster

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Escalade has been a very dependable truck. If you are looking for luxury, but still want the ruggedness of a truck, this is it. I highly recommend it. The Bose audio is decent, but you really need a sub to go with it. It is fun to drive. The factory chrome wheels will do for a while, but I really need to upgrade to bigger rims. Overall, I like the exterior and interior styling and the performance is there when you need it.

Favorite Features

The great cargo room, xenon lights, engine performance, windows in the back that go all the way down, storage bins in the back that lock so you can put ice in to cool drinks, the 6 CD changer, and steering control features.

Suggested Improvements

It absolutely needs a touch screen navigation system. Even when concentrating using the controls to spell something takes forever and easily mispells. Save money, buy one with out the nav and put your own in there if you really want one. The only other thing is I wish is that the rear window went down electronically.

Awesome Truck!
By John

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for six months and 8,000 miles. Great ride and handling. This truck has excellent power, I have towed a 7,000 lb. trailer and it felt like there was nothing behind me. The only problem I have had is with the navigation system not working correctly and a whining in the front drivetrain but they were both fixed by the dealership.

Favorite Features

Everything! I love this truck!

Suggested Improvements

I think heated rear seats is all I wish this truck had.

Excellent
By Michelle

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great car! I recommend it to everyone, especially those with children and those who travel!

This truck saved my life
By docoakley

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I put about 7000 miles on the truck in three months before it became involved in an accident that totaled the truck, but allowed everyone to walk away from it with zero injuries. The truck is just a great, fun vehicle. I always had a smile on my face when I jumped in to go for a ride. By the way, yes, I currently have a 2005 on order!

Favorite Features

Navigation system for me, the DVD player for the kids with the wireless, so he can watch Scooby Doo, and I can listen to Kid Rock

Suggested Improvements

Truck could use more storage room the the headsets and remote control. All else is good!

2nd EXT I've Owned....
By gdreed

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second EXT I've owned. I previoulsy had a 2002 model, and recently took advantage of the 0% financing to get a newer one. These are fantastic vehicles, especially for those of us who need an upscale people hauler for work (sales), and a utility vehicle for the family and play (camping, boating, etc.). I considered the Hummer H2 SUT, but for the up-scale looks and especially gas mileage, the EXT has it beat hands- down. Cadillac got it right!

Favorite Features

Functionality, deisgn and creature comforts - hard to single out just one.

Suggested Improvements

Remote tailgate lock (see that request a lot); more interior color selections; rear heated seats (for this money, you would almost expect this feature).

THE ALMOST EVERYTHING VEHICLE
By fugee88c

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THIS TRUCK IS FUN TO DRIVE,WORKS HARD WHEN YOU NEED IT AND LOOKS GREAT WHEN YOU NEED TO GO OUT ON THE TOWN

Suggested Improvements

IF CADI CAN MAKE THIS TRUCK A MONSTER HYBRID W/ POWER THIS WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE VEHICLE.THE GAS USAGE IS A KILLER.

escalade
By cabab

2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

awesome, just plain old awesome not more more to say than that.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

none