2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac Escalade-ext - Consumer Reviews

2003 Escalade EXT Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed - (27 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

My Dream Ride...
By Bignash

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ever since this truck came out in 02'. I wanted a Cadillac Truck. And I got mine and my dreams came true... It rides like a brand new one, and my interior looks great. It has 20'inch rims and perelli tires. Factory everything else, and it still runs like new. I get about 15-18mpg.. My family loves it also and we can't wait to get a new E.X.T., and for anyone thinking a/b getting 1. Do it, its a blast to drive and ur friends will love to hate you in it!!! Ride American luxury at it's best...Cadillac Escalade EXT..

Favorite Features

20's and interior, along with the Bose sound system. And don't forget the Woodgrain baby.... it's off da' chain....

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage ...

Best Truck out there
By SLT

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has got to be the best truck I have owned! I bought it used to see if they are really truck worthy and yes they are! Great power, comfortable ride, all the bells and whistles, and beautiful looking! Get a lot of compliments from a lot of people. Does awesome in the Colorado snow, went up some hills that I didn't think I could go up, but it cruised right up with no problem!! This is the all around vehicle for families. Towing, running around, or just cruising, this is the ultimate Cadillac. I will most definitely be getting a 2009 model soon! Love these trucks!

Favorite Features

Power, towing package, comfort, style, and the little gadgets and extra features. Self Leveling suspension. Rear back up assist .OnStar wireless phone features. Steering wheel controls. Dual climate.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel could be better and a little more ground clearance.

My Big Black EXT
By frank mcbride

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT has been amazing, especially in sloppy winter driving in up state NY. It handles amazingly well for someone with a led foot, even on icy roads. It's made up for a lot of my mistakes, and it does it discreetly. It currently has 42,500 miles, and I can't decide if I should keep it or get a new one. I love this truck.

Suggested Improvements

The rear brake backing plates rusted through in less than 2 years, yes they were covered by my dealer under warranty, but this is still disconcerting when thinking about long term ownership. Also, CDs and credit cards can slip through the crevices on top of the center console with no means of retrieval. Improve the gas mileage. I know they say if you worry about gas miliage, don't buy a Caddy, but at 13 mph combined, gas is a $100 dollars a week and a consideration.

Firefighter
By JOHN ALMEIDA JR.

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have never been in a vehicle that has made me feel so proud. This vehicle exemplifies class. There is no other truck that can make the transition that Cadillac did from luxury to truck.

Favorite Features

Style and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear window.

worth the extra bucks
By mcgyver64

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Although the pricetag is substantially higher than the Avalanche, the features, performance and comfort more than make up for it. I have 4k miles on mine and so far it has been trouble free. Only complaint is gas milage is terrible. I am averaging 12 mpg city and not much better highway. Its alot of fun to drive and pulls a 30 ft 7500 lb travel trailer with ease.

Favorite Features

lights in cargo area and storage bins. Engine offers plenty of power. adjustable pedals

Suggested Improvements

could use better storage system for cargo cover. would like to see rain sensor wipers offered.

Best Car Ever
By KayKay

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever driven it has every thing. I get great mileage on the escalade and have lots of fun driving around town in it. The seat are comfortable and the color of the outside and the inside are outstanding. As much money as I have out into this vehical it has givin me so much more back. I think every body needs to have a cadillac escalade you will never regreat buying this vehical it is such a good car. I want to thank the company for making such a realiable truck. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would eb every thing but on thing that stands ouut the most is the trunk space and the fold down seats it is so great having that. I like the bucket seats too they are soo comfortable .

Suggested Improvements

I think one improvement could be more interior colors, I like the colors they have but I would like a black interior to go with the exterior.

You get what you pay for...
By Lovemyext

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck for less than a week and I am totally in love. I've owned numorus Cadillac cars over the years and I was always impressed with the level of comfort. However, I have always owed a pickup truck as well. Now, this way I can kill two birds with one stone. My EXT might not get as many looks as an H2. But I know for a fact the guy behind the wheel of that H2 is not NEARLY as comfortable as I am in this truck. And the H2 might be bigger but I also know I can out run him with the awsome power this caddy has under it's hood.

Favorite Features

Interior layout & appointments All the bells and whistles...but they all have a usful purpose. Exterior styling...bold & clean cut

Suggested Improvements

Engine noise, transmission handle seems loose or floppy, better gas mileage would be nice but hey...if I can manage to spend over $50,000 on a pickup truck...who's counting pennies?

ext experience
By david minarik

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Replacing my pickup, i bought the ext. a good and bad move. The first month, I didn't see it. Three times it stranded me, and had to file a complaint with the BBB. The truck is now running fine, but GM still hasn't called back. The truck is a good ride with lots of power, and I've hauled 12 ft lumber in it without a problem. Definitely overpriced!

Favorite Features

good seats with lots of leg room in the front. Runs great, but milage is only 15 & 18

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat leg room. Move controls on drivers door panel, seats etc. too easy to bump, & hard to see to set them when driving. need remote tailgate

Outstanding
By Gator

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle but some suggested improvements. One be sure and check on delivery for a trailer hitch pkg, this is not a standard feature? I got it thrown in after purchase with little effort but could have been a $400.00 mistake. Also more ground clearance would be nice.I understand this is not a true off road vehicle but for $57,000 loaded with all wheel drive you should have better off road options.(Standard Ford or Dodge 4X4 ROAD clearance would make this vehicle perfect 3-4 inches higher.)

Favorite Features

Styling and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Improved fuel economy,better off road improvements,optional 4 wheel drive high and low gear.

Still love it
By gregggg

2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had the truck less than a week and realized it was leaking oil. Took it back and it was repaired. Dealing with the dealership about the little bugs with a new car was a nitemare but the truck is incredible. Fast, smooth great sound system. I even had the chance to race an acura with it and won... not off the line but after a few seconds I cought up and passes them. It's big though... can't be affraid of driving if you are buying this truck

Favorite Features

The backing assist that tells you how close u are to whats behind you is very valuable in a truck this size.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is comfortable and everything is placed nicely but it needs more creativity. Maybe some more wood and a little more contrast.