Used 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed - (12 reviews )

Best Overall Truck I have owned
By Corvette54

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is not a week goes by that someone does not tell me that my truck is one of the sharpest looking they have seen. I have never owned one like it and I love driving it under any conditions. I have pulled a 32foot boat with a triple axle trailer, and it goes up steep grades with no problem. Mine has the Diamond Pearl paint, and it is gorgeous if I do say so. I can't fault this vehicle,except, the gas mileage is not very good. But if you "want the music, you have to pay the piper". To me, the music is worth it.

The overall eye catching appearance. The robust amount of power, and the fact that it does nearly everything well.

It is equipped with Onstar, however Onstar converted to digital a while back and left some GM owners with a worthless piece of equipment. I resent that, and for the feature to be given up unwillingly, I think it is a slap in the face. This is the fault of Onstar, not GM.

Just little probs....
By The Naked Truth

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Ext is great, but it does have it's problems. The knobs on the midgate window support (when folding down the back seats) are prone to break off, leaving your glass "less than secure" while hauling. The power windows sometimes seem to work harder than necessary (mine was on the front pass. side). The locking mechanism on the embedded side boxes have failed on both sides, never staying quite locked, and will blow open at highway speeds(however, I've only experienced this while riding without the cargo securing sections on the truck). The leather is nice, but the carpeting is 2nd grade. Drivers side control for outside power mirrors is "jinky" for lack of precise movement

This report was written by a guy who has owned the ext for two years, and the "fantasm" of the vehicle has worn off. Still, an excellent truck, despite overall a little more paste and glue should have been used to make interior parts secure and possess longevity.

Changing the tire was a joke with the jack. Jack could not elevate enough to receive new(spare) tire. Wasted 41 minutes with the jack, dislodging the tire from under the bed cab, removing the flat, only to have a jack that was maybe 8 inches too short to provide clearance for the good tire.

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT
By anthony walker

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT has great handling and is fun to drive.

The duel exhaust.

Give it a new suspension and body kit.

daves ext
By dgm58

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

excellent vehicle, would recommend highly.

overall comfort and ride. great vehicle, best SUT on the market, by far!

make 20" wheels standard

Cant believe I bought a GM product
By Whiteparty

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I owned 2 GM products in the late 80s and early 90s that had to be bought back through Better business bureau arbitration. After Driving for the past 1o years Range Rover, Lexus, Toyota Supra, Porsche, and Acura I needed to trade my 99 Acura 3.5 RL for something that can tow a jetski.(cried when I traded the 3.5RL) It was between Landrover Discovery and Escalade EXT. Chose the EXT over Discovery on all levels. The interior trim is totally GM cheesy with more fake woodgrain than you can shake a paint can at. Pricing on Diamond White with Sunroof MSRP 52K and change. Negotiated 11K off of MSRP for total of about 4K under invoice. Im satisfied.

Midgate, handling, Like an ugly baby -- --It grows on you.

Ad a real navigation system. Use Better quality Trim.