2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed - (12 reviews )
Best Overall Truck I have owned
By Corvette54 on 04/01/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is not a week goes by that someone does not tell me that my truck is one of the sharpest looking they have seen. I have never owned one like it and I love driving it under any conditions. I have pulled a 32foot boat with a triple axle trailer, and it goes up steep grades with no problem. Mine has the Diamond Pearl paint, and it is gorgeous if I do say so. I can't fault this vehicle,except, the gas mileage is not very good. But if you "want the music, you have to pay the piper". To me, the music is worth it.

Just little probs....
By The Naked Truth on 04/09/08 12:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Ext is great, but it does have it's problems. The knobs on the midgate window support (when folding down the back seats) are prone to break off, leaving your glass "less than secure" while hauling. The power windows sometimes seem to work harder than necessary (mine was on the front pass. side). The locking mechanism on the embedded side boxes have failed on both sides, never staying quite locked, and will blow open at highway speeds(however, I've only experienced this while riding without the cargo securing sections on the truck). The leather is nice, but the carpeting is 2nd grade. Drivers side control for outside power mirrors is "jinky" for lack of precise movement

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT
By anthony walker on 11/08/06 11:12 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT has great handling and is fun to drive.

daves ext
By dgm58 on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

excellent vehicle, would recommend highly.

Cant believe I bought a GM product
By Whiteparty on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I owned 2 GM products in the late 80s and early 90s that had to be bought back through Better business bureau arbitration. After Driving for the past 1o years Range Rover, Lexus, Toyota Supra, Porsche, and Acura I needed to trade my 99 Acura 3.5 RL for something that can tow a jetski.(cried when I traded the 3.5RL) It was between Landrover Discovery and Escalade EXT. Chose the EXT over Discovery on all levels. The interior trim is totally GM cheesy with more fake woodgrain than you can shake a paint can at. Pricing on Diamond White with Sunroof MSRP 52K and change. Negotiated 11K off of MSRP for total of about 4K under invoice. Im satisfied.

o.k. truck for lots of dough
By yota on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

own a new toy tundra limited, my father bought the caddy. The caddy has good accelaration and corners well for such a big truck, but ride and smoothness equal to my tundra.Caddy has been in the shop 5 times already tundra ZERO!He wanted to buy a lincoln blackwood at first but since it does not have 4wd and i told him to stay away he bought the caddy. he likes the caddy very much so much that his new audi S8 sits and collects dust.

Nice change of pace
By Salvatore on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I like the fact I can go to a fancy place all dressed up with this car and later throw my kayak in the back and head to the beach. Great for hauling those odd shape items that don't fit in a typical SUV. Crappy gas milage, but you know that going into the deal.

EXT
By Lindy223 on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The first time I saw that this car was going to be relesed I wanted to get it. I was looking for a new vehicle to that was functional and also had style. I was trying to chose between a suv or a pickup truck. I wanted something that I could put an atv in and also something that I could take at least five people and go on a long trip and we would all be comfortable. The EXT can do all that and more. When towing in the EXT you forget that the trailer is even their. When I went to the dealer and test drove it I knew I had to have it. The seats are like the recliners I have in my living room.

Over the top
By jamesdane on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you drive it, you will want it.

Powerful
By m;lk on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

All in all I thought it was the best ride I ever experienced. It's spacious and boy does it look great. The price is even negotiable.You can't fell any bumps when you drive over rough roads.