Wheels and Bluetooth
By scott_free on
2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)
I wanted to address two issues that I see posted in reviews. I changed my 22" factory wheels for a set of 18" factory takeouts and it completely changed the entire ride to make if far smoother, softer,and much much more comfortable on long trips and the 18" wheels are much quieter. Noise that I thought was wind noise was tire noise. If you go on long trips, you give up some bling but turn the ride back to a Caddy ride. Also, 09's have bluetooth integrated with on star, just hit "onstar" ask for "bluetooth" help. Your cell then automatically works through on star hands free system including voice commands,hands never leave steering wheel, and audio and a/c mute when using phone.
Favorite Features
On Star and Bluetooth hands free integrated with on star. Cell automatically pairs when entering car and becomes primary, if not in cell range you have on star phone. New super highway ride by downgrading tires to factory 18". Mass amount of room and power, great in snow. Like exhaust sound.
Suggested Improvements
Entire seat arrangement, take front seats out of new DTS and offer in Escalade. Current front seats not that comfortable. Make 3rd row go into floor like most others do. Offer a 20" wheel tire combo, such as on 09 LTZ Avalanche as standard, good ride/looks. Add cool looking dual exhausts out back.