2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:
Very Nice
By johnh4260 on 06/16/11 06:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

A very nice luxury SUV. We bought it for the internal size and features of the Platinum package. In this regard, we're very satisfied.

Wheels and Bluetooth
By scott_free on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted to address two issues that I see posted in reviews. I changed my 22" factory wheels for a set of 18" factory takeouts and it completely changed the entire ride to make if far smoother, softer,and much much more comfortable on long trips and the 18" wheels are much quieter. Noise that I thought was wind noise was tire noise. If you go on long trips, you give up some bling but turn the ride back to a Caddy ride. Also, 09's have bluetooth integrated with on star, just hit "onstar" ask for "bluetooth" help. Your cell then automatically works through on star hands free system including voice commands,hands never leave steering wheel, and audio and a/c mute when using phone.

Waste of money
By Sean on 04/12/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I will be truly honest with you, the car is a piece of crap. The interior should be entirely redone. Let me start with the rear air vents after just 3 months, one was twisted and just fell off. Look at the glove compartment, you can't even fit the owners manual in their. The center console is wobbly and it's a struggle getting some things in and out because of the rough edges. Plus, there is no auto close for the rear window and the tailgate makes a loud ding and is very loud when you open/close it. Also, the interior parts such as the rubber door lining is practically thrown together and each part in the interior seems uneven with the other parts. Don't waste your money and get a German car.

Best big SUV
By JG on 01/26/10 06:16 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned most of the big SUV's and this is by far the best. We are on our 2nd one. Great ride, acceleration, breaking and comfort. The exterior styling is great and the nav system is very good. This is not a city car though. Parking is a pain in garages, etc, but that's the trade off with the size and comfort.

The best SUV on the market
By LuLu on 08/11/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a Supercharged Range Rover, Bentley Flying Spur (which I would buy again), Bentley GT convertible, Rolls Royce Corniche (too showy), mercedes of all kinds etc..., but this vehicle is by far the most functional and has made my life easier with family and dogs. Plus, I think it is a hot looking truck. The gas is the only downside, but so were the others. if I got better gas I had to put premium gas in them so it was more. Lots of room and much better than the range rover. Service is very good too. I want a 2010.

Worth the price
By karen on 12/04/08 12:32 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Escalade! It seats 7 adults comfortably. It is roomy, has plenty of cargo space. I feel very safe in this SUV. I love it!

The best $85,000 SUV you'll ever know of
By Matthew on 09/21/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition is the center of luxury, performance, and power. 432 bhp accelerates the Escalade ESV Platinum from 0 to 60 in just 5.1 seconds. And it's 7200 pounds! Now 5.1 seconds is superb; that's even pretty good for a coupe or convertible! As I said, it's a pinnacle of luxury. With standard features including rear-seat entertainment system, remote start, power locks, power mirrors, voice- activated navigation system, universal garage door opener, heated leather steering wheel with radio and climate controls, and so much more, the Escalade ESV Platinum is sure to give you comfort. Safety features are also plentiful, and the SUV got 5/5 on crash test.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV Suv in VA is:

$162 per month*