2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Review: Problematic Concerns to Evalua

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Problematic Concerns to Evaluate
By vehicle4 on

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Two months after buying this vehicle, I had experienced transmission issues which reoccurred 3 times thereafter in the course of 5 years. Every time, I went to the dealership to fix this issue and the last time I had gone, they "fixed" it. On the drive home, there were severe issues and we ended up driving back to the dealership within 35 minutes of receiving it because the issues had not been resolved. When we returned, they fixed this issue. However, when we expressed our frustration that we had experienced several transmission issues with the car, specifically during long trips (at 25, 000 miles) , the dealership simply shrugged and said " all cars have issues."

Although the vehicle had its issues, plus points would go towards its perks. The trunk is rather spacious and there are two TVs built in for passenger enjoyment ( great for kids and the family on long trips). Also, the seats are very comfortable (leather, sleek interior) and the navigation system is superb. I also like the smooth driving of the vehicle ( when it is not emitting transmission problems).

Overall, I had relatively poor customer service and for the amount of money I spent (around 72, 000) I definitely did not receive the high quality (or minimum quality) I expected, This was an exceptionally poor purchase. I would recommend that the dealership improve customer service and quality of vehicle. Perhaps, a road test prior to selling the car or a maintenance check of the engine, transmission so that customers do not have to experience such frustration. Regarding the vehicle and poor customer service, I would not feel safe or comfortable buying another car from this brand.