Used 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

Problematic Concerns to Evaluate
By vehicle4

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Two months after buying this vehicle, I had experienced transmission issues which reoccurred 3 times thereafter in the course of 5 years. Every time, I went to the dealership to fix this issue and the last time I had gone, they "fixed" it. On the drive home, there were severe issues and we ended up driving back to the dealership within 35 minutes of receiving it because the issues had not been resolved. When we returned, they fixed this issue. However, when we expressed our frustration that we had experienced several transmission issues with the car, specifically during long trips (at 25, 000 miles) , the dealership simply shrugged and said " all cars have issues."

Although the vehicle had its issues, plus points would go towards its perks. The trunk is rather spacious and there are two TVs built in for passenger enjoyment ( great for kids and the family on long trips). Also, the seats are very comfortable (leather, sleek interior) and the navigation system is superb. I also like the smooth driving of the vehicle ( when it is not emitting transmission problems).

Overall, I had relatively poor customer service and for the amount of money I spent (around 72, 000) I definitely did not receive the high quality (or minimum quality) I expected, This was an exceptionally poor purchase. I would recommend that the dealership improve customer service and quality of vehicle. Perhaps, a road test prior to selling the car or a maintenance check of the engine, transmission so that customers do not have to experience such frustration. Regarding the vehicle and poor customer service, I would not feel safe or comfortable buying another car from this brand.

Outstanding Luxury Family Vehicle
By TombRater

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I read the latest Yahoo article (04/11/10) decrying Escalade quality. It's an outrageous lie! We had several "Euro-lux" cars prior; this Escalade is an exceptional vehicle in all respects. Assumed, based on stereotypes, that the car was going to be an "American Slug" but needed the space & reluctantly went with it. Not so! It's been perhaps the best vehicle I've ever owned. Have driven cross- country, urban, & suburban settings for over two years. It's been utterly reliable, & the routine service provided by the dealer has been stellar. And this record of excellence has occurred in one of the USA's harshest climates; over 45,000 miles so far. Believe me, this vehicle has proven it's worth!

Space, space, space! Also, performance on snow is unbelievable. It's like a train on rails, even on fresh snow before the plows get out. When carrying the family, safety is also a top priority; this vehicle has all the highest safety ratings, PLUS weight. This equals unparalleled safety/confidence.

Sunroof over the passenger compartment would be nice. Also, fuel "economy" for its size is adequate but of course any improvement here would be a bonus.

More than a Burbun.
By Blade

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great for a family with a bunch of young kids, can get 3 car seats across third row (two 5 point boosters, rated up to 80lbs, and one 5 point car seat rated up to 40lbs.) The retractable running boards are slightly lower than the standards, and even my 2 year old can climb in without help. She can get in the Lade even easier than she could get into my Toyota Sienna minivan which we traded in for the Lade. Wife loves the extra space for getting around and strapping in the children in bad weather, and the extra floor space for changing diapers, and the HUGE cargo space in back for stroller and groceries.

Size!

LATCH for third row, less buggy nav/dvd system, higher quality plastics/trim, front bumper sonar to compliment the rear, laser-guided cruise control

Not a Platinum Experience
By Mark

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We decided to go the extra mile with the ESV Platinum. Love the vehicle overall, dealership experience at Naperville Cadillac not so good. Strange that there is no supplement to the owners manual for Platinum features, like mag. ride control, heated/cooled cup holders, and seat back video systems. Some fit and finish under par (creased alum. dash trims, sloppy body panel fits). Heated/cooled cup holders malfunctioned immediately. Warranty service? We've been waiting a month with no parts still. Audio/video system is great - 5 TV's! Kids love it. Cooled seats work much better in my STS than in this vehicle. White carpet and lower door panels? Who at GM had that idea? Smooth power!

Power running boards! They stick out far enough to actually use, unlike the ones that are fixed. Audio/Video. Powerful engine. Aniline leather in the Platinum is oh-so-smooth. Platinum front grill and wheels - much nicer than standard grill/wheels. Pwr tilt mirrors - nice! Real wood on dash!

Needs keyless push button start. Love it on the STS. Power tilt/scope steering wheel should be standard on this 85K suburban. Quality of chroming on wheels is not good. Pwr flip seats weak - don't always work. Heated/cooled cup holders that actually work or leave them off. No white carpet please.

CELEBRITY FIT
By lisa

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Escalade and my 6th Cadillac. Love the new bossy style and all of the upgrades...again....can't go wrong with the interior of a Cadillac! Even the Mercedes SUV is very plain compared to this. This is one awesome car! What a ride, what a feel....and what a look! Speaking of looks lots of lookers when you are driving this baby because she is such a beauty! The celebrities all drive this car for a reason. You just can't get any better than a Caddy SUV!

This entire vehicle is the bomb!

I would rather have a level interior floor rather than the 2 step