2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Anyone like wind noise?
By Julie Bennett on 04/15/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I will start by saying I love the look of this SUV. It looks sharp coming down the road. Beautiful design. But we have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle. It has been in the shop more than I can count. I usually wait until 3-4 things are wrong before I put it in the shop now. The wind noise is unbelievable. It is extremely loud on the highway on a windy day. If you are wanting a quiet vehicle, this is not it. We have never paid this much for a vehicle and have been nothing but disappointed. Seems like the designers could have worked out all of the wind noise before they produced the car. We are trading it in very soon and hoping for a quieter vehicle with less trouble.

good car to buy
By bighuts4ever on 02/07/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

i just bought a new esv and i love it its so good to drive and has good comfort the bad part in this car is the sound its so good but it works bose sound system if you are looking for a car this is the one that i highly say yes to :)

Awsome SUV!
By Shorty on 12/13/08 21:37 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I'm only 5 feet tall and was scared to purchase this car. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! It handles beautifully and I have no problems at all with it. It is so beautiful inside. My boys love the DVD system. It is the King of SUV's! I'm so happy we purchased this

A Lot of Problems
By MsNatt on 12/10/08 19:50 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my first Escalade in April of 06. There have been so many problems and design flaws. First and foremost, why would you put the DVD player under the seat? You can't even stretch your legs without kicking it. The wireless headphones broke easily. The third row is pretty much for babies and toddlers only. The legroom is comical. Too much plastic too. Sometimes the DVD player won't turn off too. No fold flat seats or MP3 jack and the second row seats are really loud when you let them down. On the bright side, the performance is outstanding, the interior quality is great, and I love all of the features.

Big Mistake
By MsAngel31 on 02/22/08 13:51 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We bought the 2007 Escalade ESV as a step up from our Durango. We absolutely loved it. Starting the next day after signing, the problems started. Keyless remote start wouldn't work, then the heated seats quit, not once but 3 different times, the airconditioner wasn't working, the module for the tire pressure quit working, the heat in the back quit working and more. We have now owned this thing for 3 months and its been in the shop over 30 of those days on 9 different occassions. I would never ever buy another one!! 70K wasted....sigh

Needs work
By My Team on 08/30/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my 2007 ESV for almost a year and after spending almost $70,000 on it, I am extremely disapponted. For a company that brags about "the quietest ride ever", it is loudest vechicle I have ever been in. The wind noise is so bad that I am thinking of trading it in already. I have had it into the dealer 5 times with to no avail. It sounds like the windows are rolled down and the wind is blowing 90 mph. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy this ESV until some MAJOR changes happen.

Wow!
By Myke on 05/29/07 07:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is way beyond what I had expected. It has dramatically changed from the previous model. Everything is better more dramatic in design. No one can mistake this SUV for any other.

CADILLAC ESV
By DANIEL PECKHAM on 05/28/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Over all we love this vehicle, however we are very unhappy with the wind noise and have had it into the dealership 4 times to try and have it corrected. The dealership has done everything the manufacturer has recommended and there has not been much improvement it sounds like the windows are not all the way up and is very annoying as we did not plan on spending money and have this problem. Love the seats with the A/C as we live in Florida. Drives beautifully.

Cadillac Did It Right!
By Anthony K on 05/23/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy every aspect of my big, bold and beautiful ESV! It is very comfortable for my legs at 6'6". I love the strong growl of the engine, it's like a muscle car on steroids. I guess it's an SUV with an asterisk. I was very careful before spending over $60K for a vehicle. I did the comparisons with all the other leading luxury SUVs - none compared in features and power (403 horsepower!) This SUV is the King! I bought this car becauase I liked everything about it. I never thought I would so many looks and compliments and 'thumbs ups' in traffic. This SUV turns heads! I have no idea how sane person could give this SUV a bad rating. Go drive it for yourself...

Dont Buy One
By niki on 12/11/06 09:17 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

OK, well I am an avid Escalade cheerleader! I have owned one for seven years and decided to buy the 2007 model! Hmmmm, well the interior looks so huge because they took out the soft plush seats and replaced them with crappy flat uncomfortable seats! It drives like a bus parking it in a tight parking spot at the grocery store is scary to say the least! The bells and whistles are great, 22s, navigation, XM radio, two DVDs, but come on if the base package isn't right who cares about the bells and whistles! Come on the 2007 Escalade is not a true Cadillac! Save you money buy a 2003 - 2006 model of Escalade, I PROMISE you wont be disappointed!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.