Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Escalade-esv - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Base 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Forget the rest, this is the Best!
By scott

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Guys and girls let me just say we have had them all. Mercedes, Lexus BMW, and several Suburbans. Don't get me wrong they are all fine cars in their own way but if you have 3 kids like we do and travel to the lake etc this is the best way to do it! After several Suburbans we tried a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV and my wife loved it. So much so that we put 100,000 miles on it in 3 years and never had a problem. As a matter of fact she wanted to keep it she loved it so much. Now we have the new style and the Best just got Better! Make you wife and kids happy guys get them one and they will love you for it. Best SUV made!!!

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, drive, just everything!

Suggested Improvements

None

The world's only true luxury SUV
By Pete

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

It is the Cadillac of SUV's. Every ball and whistle possible in a car. Interior is perfect and the cooled seats are great on hot summer days. The only thing I don't like is the amount of real estate in the wheel wells with the optional 22" rims. Fuel economy is something of a moot point since with the AWD and 403 hp in such a heavy vehicle. But then, if you're concerned about gas mileage, you probably can't afford this vehicle anyway. This is definitely the finest vehicle I have ever owned. If you have several kids and want the finest large SUV on the planet, this is it.

Favorite Features

Cooled seats, auto start, comfort of interior all the way around.

Suggested Improvements

A redesigned wheel well that would allow a larger tire to fill in the empty space.

Awesome Ride!
By Awesome ride

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

If this stinks for those who paid full boat for theirs, I apologize, but I just bought an 07 ESV Plat. edition, AWD for 36K w/50k miles. 36000! Can you say almost 2/3 off sticker? I can! For what I paid, this is the sweetest ride out there. I did not purchase this truck for the gas mileage, so we'll skip the I bought a vehicle that has 403 hp but I demand 40 mph decision. Wind noise at speed? The volume controls on your Bose surround sound system is on your steering wheel. Fantastic ride, fun to drive. All the Gizmos as our LTZ Avie had, but so much more of a luxury ride. And easier to see out of than the Avie. Can't wait for vacation time. See you on the open road.

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything from stem to stern (Get it? Big boat of a ride...Nevermind). Handling, looks, creature comfort,....looks, sound system, 6 speed tranny, looks. I'll stop.

Suggested Improvements

This will be quick. It barely fits in our garage. Not Cadillac's fault, I never thought I'd own something 18 1/2 foot long. I'll get over it...around it. lol I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty at cost, No worries mate.

Not worth the money
By springer

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

What do you buy used for $50K? Answer a low mileage, late model Denali for $30K and save the $20K. The dealership experience was top of the line. But we are having the black paint redone, interior detailed and some work completed under warranty. We have had the unit for 4 weeks and driven her 5 times. We are so spoiled by having 20 yrs of experience with Lexus, decided to try the ESV since it really looks so wonderful. Get past the looks, this isn't worth the 70K new and questionable if worth the $42K we spent. If I ever decide to be more positive about this experience, I will write you an update.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, maybe the ride.

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the plastic, cheap is still cheap. You need to improve the paint quality to match that of Lexus, MBZ, others at this price margin.

Best SUV made!!!!
By wj waters

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this for my wife, we have 52,000 miles on it now and we have really enjoyed it. We had very little trouble wit this truck!! I would buy another one in a heart beat!!!

Favorite Features

everything!!

Suggested Improvements

ipod connection, onboard ability to raise and lower truck. Supercharger!!!