2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Should have read the reviews
By audiva97 on 10/17/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I wish I would have read the reviews. Just bought a 07 ESV and After reading some of the reviews. I totally agree with the post about the Wind noise...It is extremely too Noise...I hate it. I had to replaced the stereo and it makes this funny/weird noise when it is running. The dealership always says there's nothing wrong or they can't hear it. Believe me I look good in it, but the price and quality I wish I would have chose something else. I can't wait until another year or two to sale it!

Update
By jhilbrant on 03/17/11 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Its been about 20 months since we purchased her used with 2800 miles. Bose stereo died this week and the dealer says that it isnt covered under warranty. The plastic trim around the windows has bubbled and the driver seat leather is wearing out. Bought new tires with only 30K on the original Bridgestones. Lousy mileage around town, but she is built for the freeway. Love her on the open road. Still not worth the price new they are asking. So look for low mile used with a warranty. And also an independent repair facility that can work with the warranty. The dealers just dont get it, the quality of American autos are crap. Wish that the paint was as high quality as we have on our Lexus

Good Big Highway Cruiser
By Scott on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We bought this car to travel back and forth between WV Mts. and FL and it is perfect for that. Lots of room as long as you remove the heavy 3rd row seats. We have had no mechanical issues with 45k miles on it now. I traded out for the 22 inch factory wheels and gave up some highway comfort for looks. The 18" factory tires soak up the road far better than the good looking 22" factory wheels/tires. Great in the Mountains powerwise and with the transmission grade brake. It is big and powerful enough to power through high snow drifts. Pretty quiet on Highway, and you can drive with little effort as the long wheel base makes it very stable. The computerized suspension works well.

A Great Luxury SUV
By KMGHMG on 08/13/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I couldn't be more pleased with my 2007 Escalade ESV. I can't believe all the negative reviews. I have to think they're not all legit. It's very quiet, the ride is great, the interior and exterior are beautiful, it's solidly built, and it's very safe. We were just rear-ended by an F150 and all we had was a scratch on the rear bumper the size of my thumb. The F150 had $3,000+ damage. We took a 3,500 mile road trip this summer from TX to the Rockies, and I assure you there is no finer road-trip machine. 17 mpg hwy. We've had one minor problem, which was a seal on the transfer case (under $100), and it has been back to the dealer for repair ONCE since new. This is 100% fact.

Just towed to repair shop
By DontDoIt on 05/25/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Latches on center counsel don't work, have to wrestle the cup holders open, told by dealership engine has major problems, heated seats went out, trailer hitch cover wont stay fastened, rubber on side of luggage rack is coming off, black insulation showing in between front bumper, passenger side door handle is half way detached! On star makes a weird noise in winter, drivers side seat motor is on its way out, oil level light won't go off even after resetting after oil change, engine is loud, battery tested bad, rust between front & rear door, factory remote start has like a 10 ft capability,

Forget the rest, this is the Best!
By scott on 03/25/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Guys and girls let me just say we have had them all. Mercedes, Lexus BMW, and several Suburbans. Don't get me wrong they are all fine cars in their own way but if you have 3 kids like we do and travel to the lake etc this is the best way to do it! After several Suburbans we tried a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV and my wife loved it. So much so that we put 100,000 miles on it in 3 years and never had a problem. As a matter of fact she wanted to keep it she loved it so much. Now we have the new style and the Best just got Better! Make you wife and kids happy guys get them one and they will love you for it. Best SUV made!!!

The world's only true luxury SUV
By Pete on 03/02/10 00:28 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

It is the Cadillac of SUV's. Every ball and whistle possible in a car. Interior is perfect and the cooled seats are great on hot summer days. The only thing I don't like is the amount of real estate in the wheel wells with the optional 22" rims. Fuel economy is something of a moot point since with the AWD and 403 hp in such a heavy vehicle. But then, if you're concerned about gas mileage, you probably can't afford this vehicle anyway. This is definitely the finest vehicle I have ever owned. If you have several kids and want the finest large SUV on the planet, this is it.

Awesome Ride!
By Awesome ride on 02/07/10 13:42 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

If this stinks for those who paid full boat for theirs, I apologize, but I just bought an 07 ESV Plat. edition, AWD for 36K w/50k miles. 36000! Can you say almost 2/3 off sticker? I can! For what I paid, this is the sweetest ride out there. I did not purchase this truck for the gas mileage, so we'll skip the I bought a vehicle that has 403 hp but I demand 40 mph decision. Wind noise at speed? The volume controls on your Bose surround sound system is on your steering wheel. Fantastic ride, fun to drive. All the Gizmos as our LTZ Avie had, but so much more of a luxury ride. And easier to see out of than the Avie. Can't wait for vacation time. See you on the open road.

Not worth the money
By springer on 09/03/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

What do you buy used for $50K? Answer a low mileage, late model Denali for $30K and save the $20K. The dealership experience was top of the line. But we are having the black paint redone, interior detailed and some work completed under warranty. We have had the unit for 4 weeks and driven her 5 times. We are so spoiled by having 20 yrs of experience with Lexus, decided to try the ESV since it really looks so wonderful. Get past the looks, this isn't worth the 70K new and questionable if worth the $42K we spent. If I ever decide to be more positive about this experience, I will write you an update.

Best SUV made!!!!
By wj waters on 06/10/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this for my wife, we have 52,000 miles on it now and we have really enjoyed it. We had very little trouble wit this truck!! I would buy another one in a heart beat!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.