Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV Base Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )

Piece of CRAP!
By Kerrie

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car with only 20K miles on it. It has been NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS! I am a mom of three children. THE only thing good about this car is it can fit all of my children in it and their friends! Other than that, its awful and always being repaired at a certified Cadillac dealership. I have a filing cabinet knee deep with repair bills. I finally had the car paid off last year, the car had 87k miles and the engine blew. I had no choice but to put a new engine in it or the car would of been a complete loss. The radio has gone out THREE times. The radio installed is $1,300 I'm sorry but a radio being replaced three times is absolutely ridiculous. I will not be purchasing another Cadillac. I'm sorry but for the amount we paid for this vehicle, its not worth it. I'm so disappointed in Cadillac and hope no one ever has to go through what I have.

Should have read the reviews
By audiva97

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I wish I would have read the reviews. Just bought a 07 ESV and After reading some of the reviews. I totally agree with the post about the Wind noise...It is extremely too Noise...I hate it. I had to replaced the stereo and it makes this funny/weird noise when it is running. The dealership always says there's nothing wrong or they can't hear it. Believe me I look good in it, but the price and quality I wish I would have chose something else. I can't wait until another year or two to sale it!

Love the heated seat, steering wheel. The look is goregous

Wind noise, better stereo systems. And I wish the third row had more leg room.

Update
By jhilbrant

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Its been about 20 months since we purchased her used with 2800 miles. Bose stereo died this week and the dealer says that it isnt covered under warranty.
The plastic trim around the windows has bubbled and the driver seat leather is wearing out.
Bought new tires with only 30K on the original Bridgestones.
Lousy mileage around town, but she is built for the freeway. Love her on the open road.
Still not worth the price new they are asking.
So look for low mile used with a warranty.
And also an independent repair facility that can work with the warranty.
The dealers just dont get it, the quality of American autos are crap.
Wish that the paint was as high quality as we have on our Lexus

roominess and ride on highway.

Paint quality, interior plastic shoudl be real wood, higher quality leather, sound system. The driver side leg room is horrible. I am 6 5 and uncomfortable all the time. Everyone else is very comfortbale.

Good Big Highway Cruiser
By Scott

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We bought this car to travel back and forth between WV Mts. and FL and it is perfect for that. Lots of room as long as you remove the heavy 3rd row seats. We have had no mechanical issues with 45k miles on it now. I traded out for the 22 inch factory wheels and gave up some highway comfort for looks. The 18" factory tires soak up the road far better than the good looking 22" factory wheels/tires. Great in the Mountains powerwise and with the transmission grade brake. It is big and powerful enough to power through high snow drifts. Pretty quiet on Highway, and you can drive with little effort as the long wheel base makes it very stable. The computerized suspension works well.

Plenty of power and gears, grade brake, entire integrated nav, xm, on star system with voice recognition. Nice exhaust sound, heated/cooled seats. Nice looking inside and out. With our bench 2nd seat can carry 8 adults on short trips and suspension adjusts for the weight. Still room behind 3rd row

Seat design...hate the 3rd row seats, they should fold into floor. In addition, you do not have 8 ft of floor space when you fold the 2nd row forward. Yes, I want to carry plywood in it. In addition, the front seats need some work on comfort, my 09 LTZ Av. has heated/cooled seats that are superior

A Great Luxury SUV
By KMGHMG

2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I couldn't be more pleased with my 2007 Escalade ESV. I can't believe all the negative reviews. I have to think they're not all legit. It's very quiet, the ride is great, the interior and exterior are beautiful, it's solidly built, and it's very safe. We were just rear-ended by an F150 and all we had was a scratch on the rear bumper the size of my thumb. The F150 had $3,000+ damage. We took a 3,500 mile road trip this summer from TX to the Rockies, and I assure you there is no finer road-trip machine. 17 mpg hwy. We've had one minor problem, which was a seal on the transfer case (under $100), and it has been back to the dealer for repair ONCE since new. This is 100% fact.

Powerful engine, tons of air bags, nav system, traction control, all-wheel drive, interior styling and features, exterior styling, smooth transmission, air conditioned seats.

Wish it got a bit better mileage, but I'm pleased with 17 mpg highway. Given the luxury, safety, and power, that's a small price to pay.