Used 2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

Love My Cadi
By ladyjacobsen

2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV once you drive a Cadi like this your so spoiled nothing else will do! The room is fab the kids don't even have to touch each other (but they do anyway ;) ) This is a keeper; even with the new body style out i love my 06! It is a 10 plus. Large and in charge!

Favorite Features

Love love love heated and cooled seats and cup holders. Also the 2 DVD screens kids love! Big captain seats all 4 so we all can feel like kings and queens! 345 hp is awesome and traction control I know as saved us at least 3 times!

Suggested Improvements

It a big SUV 2nd to the big hummer; would like heated steering wheel.

Escalade Up to the New One
By Emma

2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been great for the time I had it. It never broke down on myeand I loved the touch screen system and DVD players for my kids. This was an overall wonderful vehicle for me and my whole family.

Favorite Features

The touch screen navigation.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have heated 3rd row seats. With a family of seven, I need the heated 3rd row also.

Sweet Ride
By Mike

2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a nice new 2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition in Black Raven. What a Sweet Ride! It provides great comfort, good handling, and a lot of power under the hood! I love the BOSE sound system with XM Satelite radio, 6 disc CD changer, speed sensitive volume control, 2 DVD screens, nice navigation system, OnStar, heated / cooled seats and cupholders, adjustable pedals, 20 inch Cadillac chrome wheels, heated winsheild washer fluid, HID headlights, how the mirrors adjust when backing up, and parking sensor. This truck actually gets decent gas mileage. I also like how it fits 7 people, has a lot of headroom, VERY comfortable seats, heated mirrors and 14-way power memory driver and passenger seats. Overall this is a really sweet truck! A++++

Favorite Features

The acceleration, XM Satelite radio, video navigation system, 6-Disc CD changer, BOSE sound system, 2 DVD players, parking sensors, and 20 inch chrome wheels.

Suggested Improvements

I can't really think of too many. Cadillac did a really nice job with this truck. The only thing that I could think of would be to add a power rear liftgate door.

My Third Escalade
By Blake

2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Escalade, the second of this series. I have driven them a total of ~150,000 miles, over seven years, mixed city/highway. They have averaged ~13.5MPG. They continue to get better, and I have had NO problems, with very quiet driving experiences. These are the best vehicles on the planet! (Especially the later models)

Love My New Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition
By Karry

2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My husband suprised me with the Escalade ESV Platinum Edition just a couple of days ago, but let me tell you it is the best performing smoothest SUV I've driven (previously owned Jeep Cherokee, BMW X5, GMC Yukon Denali). The interior features are amazing (heated & cooled seats and heated/cooled drink holders) You will not be disappointed with the Escalade (except for the gas mileage - but it's an SUV & I wasn't expecting more). The power, the smooth ride and extra bells and whistles make it my best owned car ever. You will not be disappointed!

Favorite Features

Movable pedals, heated cooled seats & drink holders, touch screen navigation system, XM satellite radio, and dual DVD players.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see a telescoping stereing wheel, ability to watch 2 separate DVD's on the 2 units, would love an automatic closing rear hatch (it's a tad heavy & hard to shut while holding a toddler)