Platinum Edition
By jordanw on
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
We have had our Escalade ESV Platinum Edition for almost two years now. Overall I have loved it. It is powerful, safe, and comfortible. The features of the Platinum Edition are top notch, but I do believe for the price point some features are missing such as adaptive cruise control, night vision, rain sensing wipers, massaging front seats, parking sensors in the front, and a heated third row. All are availible on other Cadillacs why not the Platinum? As for the cooled seats, what a great innovation! However, the driver's seat one doesn't seem to work (I will have the dealer look at it soon) but in the backseats they work especially well it is almost like heaven. I would buy another one (maybe the new 2007's).
Favorite Features
The heated and cooled seats (two rows), heated and cooled cupholders, DVD players, and comfort.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the front cupholders, some drinks do not fit, the cool seats could get colder, the navigation system will not let you put in adresses while moving, the rear DVD needs to play two movies on the two screens, the 3rd row DVD screen is too close to 3rd row seat, and my truck has squeaks and rattles at only 24,000 miles.