2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:
Excalade ESV
By Charles on 06/10/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If there was anything I felt was better than my Cadillac Escalade ESV I'd have bought it. The only real problem I have with this truck is that, for the cost of this vehicle, I think its pretty cheap to not have a light in the ash tray and that your passanger has to use a flashlight to see into the glove box at night (there is no light there either). I buy a $70,000 truck and GM wants to save $35 on parts and labor!

great transportation
By happy on 01/04/05 11:06 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Use ESV for extensive loads and trips and always feel Escalade could do more. My 4th one and very happy with all of them. Both short and long wheelbase have been a joy to drive.

Luxury At Its Best
By TheDebutante on 12/30/04 08:10 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 2005 Escalade ESV is my third Escalade and it is my favorite one to date! I began with the introductory 1999 model and then owned a 2003. The 2005 Escalade ESV is by far Cadillac's finest accomplishment and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a luxury ride, a large seating capacity, and every option available -- with the exception of the chauffeur. The touch screen radio -- including the XM radio - - and Navigation system are two options that were not on my previous Escalades and I will never be without them again! The ride in the ESV is comparable to riding on a cloud and the maneuverability in an SUV of this size is amazing! You will not be disappointed in the 2005 Escalade ESV!

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Review
By Berner1 on 12/13/04 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second Escalade that I have purchased. I was worried to get rid of my 2003 but I am very happy with upgrade to the Platinum Edition. It has plenty of room for the Berner and extra kids in the neighborhood. When we go on trips, it is roomy and capable enough to tow all of my toys. For those who think it is a Suburban think and look again. The two vehicles are totally different. I have owned both. Highly recommend this truck to all families.

excelent
By deidre on 12/01/04 11:09 AM (PST)

the best car ever

Platinum Edition Escalade ESV
By compseccon on 11/17/04 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Minor ergonomic things; fuel cap tether is too short; navigation dvd is outdated by about 10 years (no update); voice recognition is sketchy (difficult to hear and does not recognize voice numbers clearly); easy exit does not move steering wheel upwards; rear bench seat has very little leg room; drivers side passenger is a little cramped if driver has seat back. Eight pax is not very comfortable, six adults is reality.

caddi escalde
By Dick Red on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

it isa very nice and classy car.it is very durable and reliable.the seats are extremely comfortable.

The Cadillac of SUV's
By mikeraymond on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For anyone who thinks this is just a Suburban, you hanv't driven it yet. The AWD and Stabilitrack system are GREAT. Plenty of Power- fuel economy just OK. Heated AND AirConditioned Seats- front & center- work GREAT. Memory positions for Driver 1 & Driver 2 not only set seat position, but outside mirrors & ALL radio presets. There is room for some improvement, but not much.

Mike's Review
By Mike's ESV on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle.....Great Handling, and lots of room. Would highly recommend to larger families looking for a big vehicle.

rocketship
By abccddfr on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

drives like a rocketship. handles better than my lexus ls 400. only downside is low gas mileage, however it takes regular vs premium as many imports require. electronics are impressive[satilite radio,navigation system,bose sterio,etc.]