2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:
Seriously?
By ford guy on 04/19/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my escalade since I had to trade in my 2003 avalanche since the rear end locked up and the front hubs were shot. So I bought another full sized Chevy SUV. At first I was very happy! The truck performs above and beyond! Looks hotter than any other truck out there. The bad. Had to replace the transfer case at 65,000 miles, tire sensor at 60k, a $350 shock at 72,000 miles while doing xcountry road trip, heated and cooled seats went up front, brake caliper seizes up! Cup holder doors wouldn't close, had to call Cadillac since it was on back order. Steering makes noise in front. Navi gets confused sometimes. No factory cross members! Seriously on a platinum edition

Platinum Edition
By jordanw on 07/14/06 10:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Escalade ESV Platinum Edition for almost two years now. Overall I have loved it. It is powerful, safe, and comfortible. The features of the Platinum Edition are top notch, but I do believe for the price point some features are missing such as adaptive cruise control, night vision, rain sensing wipers, massaging front seats, parking sensors in the front, and a heated third row. All are availible on other Cadillacs why not the Platinum? As for the cooled seats, what a great innovation! However, the driver's seat one doesn't seem to work (I will have the dealer look at it soon) but in the backseats they work especially well it is almost like heaven. I would buy another one (maybe the new 2007's).

Great
By Smith on 01/28/06 23:04 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac Escalade ESV is stylish and fun to drive. It also makes an appearance when you pull up in one going to a party or meeting. However, just wait a couple months and you can get the completely redisigned Escalade with better options and real leather and wood. That's right, the leather in the 2006 Escalade is cheap compared to the 2007 model which will be available soon.

Rid'in in Style!
By Rose on 01/27/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is not enough space for me to to describe how really great and wonderful my 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV is. I love it! Mine is fully loaded with everything you can imagine, from dual DVD screens to heated and cooled seats and cup holders with special stainless travel mugs designed to keep your beverage hot or cold for hours. Its ton of room and comfort make this vehicle my favorite ride of all time! Think you have low tire pressure? Just push a button and check it from the inside of your car. This is a great feature since I hate doing it manually. The Bose stereo system sounds as if you have surrond sound, and the touch screen programming is awesome.

Lovin' my ESV
By hc on 12/01/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Cadillac Escalade. The only two things I would change is make the windshield taller (my Expedition had a bigger windshield) - it is hard to see when you have the visor down. I wish Cadillac would have the keyless entry pad on the door like my Fords did. This makes life much easier. Other than that - I love it!

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Review
By Berner1 on 12/13/04 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second Escalade that I have purchased. I was worried to get rid of my 2003 but I am very happy with upgrade to the Platinum Edition. It has plenty of room for the Berner and extra kids in the neighborhood. When we go on trips, it is roomy and capable enough to tow all of my toys. For those who think it is a Suburban think and look again. The two vehicles are totally different. I have owned both. Highly recommend this truck to all families.

excelent
By deidre on 12/01/04 11:09 AM (PST)

the best car ever

Platinum Edition Escalade ESV
By compseccon on 11/17/04 11:05 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Minor ergonomic things; fuel cap tether is too short; navigation dvd is outdated by about 10 years (no update); voice recognition is sketchy (difficult to hear and does not recognize voice numbers clearly); easy exit does not move steering wheel upwards; rear bench seat has very little leg room; drivers side passenger is a little cramped if driver has seat back. Eight pax is not very comfortable, six adults is reality.

caddi escalde
By Dick Red on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

it isa very nice and classy car.it is very durable and reliable.the seats are extremely comfortable.

The Cadillac of SUV's
By mikeraymond on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For anyone who thinks this is just a Suburban, you hanv't driven it yet. The AWD and Stabilitrack system are GREAT. Plenty of Power- fuel economy just OK. Heated AND AirConditioned Seats- front & center- work GREAT. Memory positions for Driver 1 & Driver 2 not only set seat position, but outside mirrors & ALL radio presets. There is room for some improvement, but not much.