Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

Seriously?
By ford guy

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my escalade since I had to trade in my 2003 avalanche since the rear end locked up and the front hubs were shot. So I bought another full sized Chevy SUV. At first I was very happy! The truck performs above and beyond! Looks hotter than any other truck out there. The bad. Had to replace the transfer case at 65,000 miles, tire sensor at 60k, a $350 shock at 72,000 miles while doing xcountry road trip, heated and cooled seats went up front, brake caliper seizes up! Cup holder doors wouldn't close, had to call Cadillac since it was on back order. Steering makes noise in front. Navi gets confused sometimes. No factory cross members! Seriously on a platinum edition

Favorite Features

HP! Not too shabby mpg for the size and engine. Took it to fl. Got 18.5 around town 14.5. Took it across country NY -nv. Pulling two jet skis and gear, still got 14.5 mpg. Thought tranny works weird with Cruise on! Love the acceleration and handling! Very good customer service with Cadillac!

Suggested Improvements

little more quality for a $72,000 dollar suv. thinking this might be my last gm suv with all the ridiculous repairs.. would STRONGLY look at a ford expedition el! look at a better powertrain for awd. do like the rear locking differential

Platinum Edition
By jordanw

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Escalade ESV Platinum Edition for almost two years now. Overall I have loved it. It is powerful, safe, and comfortible. The features of the Platinum Edition are top notch, but I do believe for the price point some features are missing such as adaptive cruise control, night vision, rain sensing wipers, massaging front seats, parking sensors in the front, and a heated third row. All are availible on other Cadillacs why not the Platinum? As for the cooled seats, what a great innovation! However, the driver's seat one doesn't seem to work (I will have the dealer look at it soon) but in the backseats they work especially well it is almost like heaven. I would buy another one (maybe the new 2007's).

Favorite Features

The heated and cooled seats (two rows), heated and cooled cupholders, DVD players, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the front cupholders, some drinks do not fit, the cool seats could get colder, the navigation system will not let you put in adresses while moving, the rear DVD needs to play two movies on the two screens, the 3rd row DVD screen is too close to 3rd row seat, and my truck has squeaks and rattles at only 24,000 miles.

Great
By Smith

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac Escalade ESV is stylish and fun to drive. It also makes an appearance when you pull up in one going to a party or meeting. However, just wait a couple months and you can get the completely redisigned Escalade with better options and real leather and wood. That's right, the leather in the 2006 Escalade is cheap compared to the 2007 model which will be available soon.

Rid'in in Style!
By Rose

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is not enough space for me to to describe how really great and wonderful my 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV is. I love it! Mine is fully loaded with everything you can imagine, from dual DVD screens to heated and cooled seats and cup holders with special stainless travel mugs designed to keep your beverage hot or cold for hours. Its ton of room and comfort make this vehicle my favorite ride of all time! Think you have low tire pressure? Just push a button and check it from the inside of your car. This is a great feature since I hate doing it manually. The Bose stereo system sounds as if you have surrond sound, and the touch screen programming is awesome.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Make it have better gas mileage....the Ameican dream. But if you worry that much about the price of gas, a larger vehicle is probably not a wise choice. It's a trade off but I would not compromise the comfort, beauty and features of this vehicle!

Lovin' my ESV
By hc

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Cadillac Escalade. The only two things I would change is make the windshield taller (my Expedition had a bigger windshield) - it is hard to see when you have the visor down. I wish Cadillac would have the keyless entry pad on the door like my Fords did. This makes life much easier. Other than that - I love it!

Favorite Features

I love everything about this truck! It rides beautifully - it's comfortable to drive and ride in. The kids love the 2 DVD screens. I have plenty of room in the back for strollers and groceries.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger windshield and keyless entry pad on door.