Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

Seriously?
By ford guy

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my escalade since I had to trade in my 2003 avalanche since the rear end locked up and the front hubs were shot. So I bought another full sized Chevy SUV. At first I was very happy! The truck performs above and beyond! Looks hotter than any other truck out there. The bad. Had to replace the transfer case at 65,000 miles, tire sensor at 60k, a $350 shock at 72,000 miles while doing xcountry road trip, heated and cooled seats went up front, brake caliper seizes up! Cup holder doors wouldn't close, had to call Cadillac since it was on back order. Steering makes noise in front. Navi gets confused sometimes. No factory cross members! Seriously on a platinum edition

HP! Not too shabby mpg for the size and engine. Took it to fl. Got 18.5 around town 14.5. Took it across country NY -nv. Pulling two jet skis and gear, still got 14.5 mpg. Thought tranny works weird with Cruise on! Love the acceleration and handling! Very good customer service with Cadillac!

little more quality for a $72,000 dollar suv. thinking this might be my last gm suv with all the ridiculous repairs.. would STRONGLY look at a ford expedition el! look at a better powertrain for awd. do like the rear locking differential

Comfort and Now Affordable
By Mast

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have 4 kids and wanted a comfortable vechicle that allows you some space in the trunk. Wow did we find the right vechicle. The kids love the extra room and the captains seats and my wife loves to drive it. It has so many options that we are still finding new options that we did not even know we had. It is worth the extra money to spend over the Chevy and the 6.0 liter engine runs great. This is by far the best SUV we have owned.

Comfortable seats both in the front and back. The large engine is great on long trips and is smooth running going up mountains on cruise control. The trunk is huge and holds a full size stroller and lots of extras. The kids love the DVD, rear heated seats and the space. Great for long trips!

Interior glove box paint is fading. Nav system needs to allow you to operate while vechicle is moving. So many options can require an engineering degree to operate.

Awesome
By David Buringrud

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded in my Silverado SS for the Escalade. Best thing i did. This is luxury at its finest. The ride is awesome.

Navigation, Bose stereo, sunroof

Easier access to 3rd row

Platinum Edition
By jordanw

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Escalade ESV Platinum Edition for almost two years now. Overall I have loved it. It is powerful, safe, and comfortible. The features of the Platinum Edition are top notch, but I do believe for the price point some features are missing such as adaptive cruise control, night vision, rain sensing wipers, massaging front seats, parking sensors in the front, and a heated third row. All are availible on other Cadillacs why not the Platinum? As for the cooled seats, what a great innovation! However, the driver's seat one doesn't seem to work (I will have the dealer look at it soon) but in the backseats they work especially well it is almost like heaven. I would buy another one (maybe the new 2007's).

The heated and cooled seats (two rows), heated and cooled cupholders, DVD players, and comfort.

Redesign the front cupholders, some drinks do not fit, the cool seats could get colder, the navigation system will not let you put in adresses while moving, the rear DVD needs to play two movies on the two screens, the 3rd row DVD screen is too close to 3rd row seat, and my truck has squeaks and rattles at only 24,000 miles.

Great
By Smith

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac Escalade ESV is stylish and fun to drive. It also makes an appearance when you pull up in one going to a party or meeting. However, just wait a couple months and you can get the completely redisigned Escalade with better options and real leather and wood. That's right, the leather in the 2006 Escalade is cheap compared to the 2007 model which will be available soon.