2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:
Seriously?
By ford guy on 04/19/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my escalade since I had to trade in my 2003 avalanche since the rear end locked up and the front hubs were shot. So I bought another full sized Chevy SUV. At first I was very happy! The truck performs above and beyond! Looks hotter than any other truck out there. The bad. Had to replace the transfer case at 65,000 miles, tire sensor at 60k, a $350 shock at 72,000 miles while doing xcountry road trip, heated and cooled seats went up front, brake caliper seizes up! Cup holder doors wouldn't close, had to call Cadillac since it was on back order. Steering makes noise in front. Navi gets confused sometimes. No factory cross members! Seriously on a platinum edition

Comfort and Now Affordable
By Mast on 11/24/08 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have 4 kids and wanted a comfortable vechicle that allows you some space in the trunk. Wow did we find the right vechicle. The kids love the extra room and the captains seats and my wife loves to drive it. It has so many options that we are still finding new options that we did not even know we had. It is worth the extra money to spend over the Chevy and the 6.0 liter engine runs great. This is by far the best SUV we have owned.

Awesome
By David Buringrud on 11/03/07 21:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded in my Silverado SS for the Escalade. Best thing i did. This is luxury at its finest. The ride is awesome.

Platinum Edition
By jordanw on 07/14/06 10:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Escalade ESV Platinum Edition for almost two years now. Overall I have loved it. It is powerful, safe, and comfortible. The features of the Platinum Edition are top notch, but I do believe for the price point some features are missing such as adaptive cruise control, night vision, rain sensing wipers, massaging front seats, parking sensors in the front, and a heated third row. All are availible on other Cadillacs why not the Platinum? As for the cooled seats, what a great innovation! However, the driver's seat one doesn't seem to work (I will have the dealer look at it soon) but in the backseats they work especially well it is almost like heaven. I would buy another one (maybe the new 2007's).

Great
By Smith on 01/28/06 23:04 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac Escalade ESV is stylish and fun to drive. It also makes an appearance when you pull up in one going to a party or meeting. However, just wait a couple months and you can get the completely redisigned Escalade with better options and real leather and wood. That's right, the leather in the 2006 Escalade is cheap compared to the 2007 model which will be available soon.

Rid'in in Style!
By Rose on 01/27/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

There is not enough space for me to to describe how really great and wonderful my 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV is. I love it! Mine is fully loaded with everything you can imagine, from dual DVD screens to heated and cooled seats and cup holders with special stainless travel mugs designed to keep your beverage hot or cold for hours. Its ton of room and comfort make this vehicle my favorite ride of all time! Think you have low tire pressure? Just push a button and check it from the inside of your car. This is a great feature since I hate doing it manually. The Bose stereo system sounds as if you have surrond sound, and the touch screen programming is awesome.

Lovin' my ESV
By hc on 12/01/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Cadillac Escalade. The only two things I would change is make the windshield taller (my Expedition had a bigger windshield) - it is hard to see when you have the visor down. I wish Cadillac would have the keyless entry pad on the door like my Fords did. This makes life much easier. Other than that - I love it!

Well Worth the Money
By BillyG on 11/13/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a Chevrolet Suburban and a GMC Yukon XL and neither compare to the Cadillac Escalade ESV. It is a very expensive SUV but it is well worth the extra money. The only negative is the gas mileage but I knew that before buying. I strongly recommend buying to anyone considering the Escalade ESV.

Great Vehicle
By Escalade ESV on 07/09/05 09:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding ride and performance, wind noise sometimes.

Reliable & Classy
By 2005 Cadillac Esc ES on 06/15/05 01:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the Cadillac Escalade ESV. It has a beautiful exterior, luxurious interior and great hi tech gadgets. It is definitely great for family trips, its extremely comfortable. It makes me feel safe when I drive on the freeway. My husband definitely makes good use of it with his customers. I don't worry about mileage because a truck like this is definitely worth spending extra on gas. This is a vehicle worth driving!