Used 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:

It is better than I thought.
By Paul

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle has a lot of power. When it engages, it sets you back in the seat and lets you know but it does it gently, not like my previous 1999 Suburban with a 5.7L. More plush over bumps, on turns, and acceleration. The ammenities are overwhelming compared to a Suburban, and it feels like you got what you paid for.

My family and I really like the DVD, rear audio, and rear climate controls. I like the extra power, the AWD, 4wheel disc brakes with hydroboost, and the 345hp. It is amazing how well this large beast handles in and out of traffic and is a pleasure to drive long distances.

I recommend that a power hatch be an option, and the access to the rear seats be improved by power as well. Also the trip computer info could be better seen in either a Heads Up Display or in the Radio/Navigation combo device. More horsepower is always better.

Own One and Loving It!
By yossi oren

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I leased my Cadillac Escalade ESV almost a year and a half ago. I love it! It gets looks and compliments where ever I go (I have black with shale leather and ALL the windows tinted. It rides like a dream and has got lots of power and tourque. Everyone at my daughter's class loves to ride in it and blast music or watch a DVD. I can't wait to get an '07 or '08 when my lease expires!

Everything!

Add a heated steering wheel (this is an option on the '07 model). Put a mirror folding button on the remote and make the sunroof automatically close when the truck is turned off (with an option to leave it open).

Best Truck on Market
By Bizzy

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Platinum Escalade ESV is the best truck on the market. It handles superbly, and for a big truck it has a lot of get up and go. I love to put it on the highway and go from Maryland to Miami or beyond. For long distances driving there is nothing better. The gas mileage isn't great, but it's well worth it. I will definitely trade it in for another one just like it in a year or two.

I love the Stabilitrack, OnStar, and the dual DVD players that were standard.

The navigation system should be voice activated and allow you to use it while in motion, which is when you really need it.

All that and a bag of chips
By jerry

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the ultimate SUV, if your looking for class and style, while not having to compromise saftey or comfort this is the way to go. Sure you may pay a bit more, however you get a lot more. And you truely get what you pay for. The ride is second to none, and the performance is that of a mid size SUV, I highly reccomend this vehicle to anyone that is looking to experience the true full size class and luxury, that everyone should experience.

The autoride, and the complete steering wheel controls make this do exactly what you would want, while offering you the sound of the Bose radio system.

The only thing I would add is auto folding rear seats, like the Navigator. Otherwise it needs nothing. Maybe front park assist to correspond with the rear's.

Cadillac of SUVs
By Hz48yg

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is one outstanding vehicles. It
has the comfort and refinement that
you'd expect from a premium SUV, but is
also rugged and can handle agressive
towing and off-road manuvers. We just
returned from a long road trip and it
was like staying at a 5 star hotel with
wheels. The HVAC system is great. The
entertainment system was a big hit with
the kids (big & little), and the XM
satellite radio keeps you entertained
even where there is little or no AM/FM
signal. The navigation system and
OnStar are outstanding. Take it from
us, there is no reason to buy an import
as this SUV represents world class
comfort and world class quality. We
love this vehicle!

Navigation system XM Satellite Radio Entertainment system Back-up warning system Turn signal lights on side mirrors (cooool) Bold styling Special towing setting for transmission Rear heated seats

none