2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade ESV model:
Very reliable mechanically. Electronics...not so much. Gets very expensive!
By carguy2021 on 07/25/12 12:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had it from about 90k miles to 140k miles. You can't beat the interior comfort and ride quality. The engine performed flawlessly, as did the transmission. There was always a "growling" noise coming from somewhere in the transfer case. It was very annoying, but I never did anything about it other than change the differential fluids and trans/transfer case fluids. This did not make the noise go away. From time to time the "service ride control" message would appear...and then go away. The "service tire pressure monitor" message came on from time to time as well. I had to replace an abs wheel speed sensor at about 115k. Rear susp leveler compressor went bad. Front Heated seats broke.

2004 cadillac escalade esv
By solomon on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i had a 2000 Cadillac Escalade and now i bought a 2004 and i love it believe it or not i just bought it on 11-15- 2010 and i can't believe the great fuel economy 15.9 wow my focus that is new only gets 22 miles per gal for a 4 cyl that's realy awful i rather ride my escalade i love my used truck and highly recommend buying one and it is fun to drive oh got to run premium gas on 6.0 engines .

It's Just okay!
By G41 on 04/06/08 17:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased the 2004 Caddy ESV in 2005 on a trade in of the 2002 Cadillac Escalade which was a lemon. The longer body style has improve for long hauling then the short body style. My 2004 Caddy does not have the DVD entertainment, but does have everything else i.e. navigation, satellite radio, CD player and a decent radio. Now that analog has become extinct OnStar and the other related emergency connections are useless. Vehicle has great "get up and go power!" Navigation CD is now outdated there is no new CD for the 2004 system to update, what a joke. Have not tried this vehicle off road, but in some of the heavy snow falls in the North East it out performed it self. It's just okay!

It is better than I thought.
By Paul on 07/29/07 17:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle has a lot of power. When it engages, it sets you back in the seat and lets you know but it does it gently, not like my previous 1999 Suburban with a 5.7L. More plush over bumps, on turns, and acceleration. The ammenities are overwhelming compared to a Suburban, and it feels like you got what you paid for.

Own One and Loving It!
By yossi oren on 01/26/06 17:19 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I leased my Cadillac Escalade ESV almost a year and a half ago. I love it! It gets looks and compliments where ever I go (I have black with shale leather and ALL the windows tinted. It rides like a dream and has got lots of power and tourque. Everyone at my daughter's class loves to ride in it and blast music or watch a DVD. I can't wait to get an '07 or '08 when my lease expires!

All that and a bag of chips
By jerry on 08/15/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the ultimate SUV, if your looking for class and style, while not having to compromise saftey or comfort this is the way to go. Sure you may pay a bit more, however you get a lot more. And you truely get what you pay for. The ride is second to none, and the performance is that of a mid size SUV, I highly reccomend this vehicle to anyone that is looking to experience the true full size class and luxury, that everyone should experience.

Cadillac of SUVs
By Hz48yg on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is one outstanding vehicles. It has the comfort and refinement that you'd expect from a premium SUV, but is also rugged and can handle agressive towing and off-road manuvers. We just returned from a long road trip and it was like staying at a 5 star hotel with wheels. The HVAC system is great. The entertainment system was a big hit with the kids (big & little), and the XM satellite radio keeps you entertained even where there is little or no AM/FM signal. The navigation system and OnStar are outstanding. Take it from us, there is no reason to buy an import as this SUV represents world class comfort and world class quality. We love this vehicle!

great suv
By foxcroft on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ithink it is really ugly but I love the comfort and the way it drives. No problems as yet poor gas mileage tho

Cadillac Escalade ESV
By SamE on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Never have I seen an SUV with as many practical and functional features as this one. Adjustable pedals, curbside assist mirrors when backing (select both or either one). The ride is by far better than most any luxury car that I have had the opportunity to ride in. You have plenty of "pick-up" when you hit the gas and it cruises and corners like it's on rails. I'm highly satisfied.

The Best SUV On The Planet.
By nbaray23 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best suv on the planet.You can't get any better than this.The luxury of a Bentley with the horsepower of a coupe.