2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Really nice traveler
By bigtodd on 06/25/08 06:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this 2003 esv 1 month ago and we owned an 2000 excursion 4x4. We sold it to buy this what a great riding suv. The awd works great and we got an avg of 16.6 in stop and go traveling from va beach to north Carolina beaches.NOT BAD..we use to get 11 mpg The Int is so nice but I'm disappointed in the rear cargo area with all the plastic..could have done more...

Bought Used
By Corey on 12/15/07 14:19 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this SUV in Nov 07 with 80,000 mi. Looks great and engine runs smooth. I am disipointed that I had to rebuild the front diff at 82000 and replace the power steering at 85000. If this continues I will have to trade it in for newer. With 5 kids my choices are limited. My other SUV is a 97 Lexus LX450 with 165000 mi and I have not had to replace or fix anything major. I hope GM will step up the quality and build a truck that will last 200,000mi or I will go back to Toyota products once I don't need 7 seats plus storage.

Simply the Best
By ColoradoKid on 09/11/07 14:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

To be honest; if all American-made cars were this good there'd be no moaning in Detroit! It looks great, the smooth ride is inimitable and it's fired-up every time in hot and cold without a blip. I wish this vehicle would last forever; but then again, at this rate it just might!

Great Vehicle
By Raymond Pezonella on 08/02/05 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The best vehicle I have owned! The mileage is a little less than desirable.

I Love This Vehicle!!!
By Pizzaguy on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The comfort, quality, reliability, and styling of this SUV are outstanding! I couldn't be happier!!

great offer
By erndog on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THIS SUV HAS BEEN AN EXCELLENT PURCHASE. IT'S A GREAT FAMILY SUV AND CAN ALSO BE GOOD FOR A NIGHT OUT IN TOWN

best suv ever
By djskittles1s on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

it rides smooth and has a richy look

Driving a tank
By Eurocardriver on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first and last time I'm buying an American car. I got the car because of the space to transport 5+ people, which it's great for, but it feels like I'm driving a tank. For the price of the car quality is not up to par (same as a chevy truck). My 2 yr old could pull this car to pieces. Very plasticy inside with snap-on pieces. I would rather take 2 quality cars (BMW/Mercedes) with less seats than 1 plasticy tank.

02 vs 03
By REDDEB on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I own both 2002 Escalade and the 2003 Escalade ESV and I do not like the 03 at all. The interior of the 03 is very cheap feeling and things were re- arranged (such as the folding mirror button and on-star buttons) making these options less convenient. They even cut cost on the tail pipe. Cadillac should go back to the 02 interior. I can't wait to get rid of the 03 and hope the 04 is nicer.

New, but I really like it.
By David Ivey on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Although I paid just about MSRP since the vehicle is new to this area, I'm very satisfied. Excellent looks, good, tight handling, fit, and finish. The only drawback is that the interior finish should have been upgraded for a vehicle in this price range. The satellite radio is an unexpected pleasure and the OnStar system works very well with the integrated phone.