2014 Cadillac ELR Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (2 reviews )
The Ultimate Commuter Car
By profrob on 10/29/14 22:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Cadillac ELR Coupe 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

The ELR makes my commute so much nicer. It is quiet, it is smooth, it has an amazing sound system, and it's economical. Without too much effort, I can make my 40 mile round trip on electric only. This isn't a fun car you want to rip up mountain roads in; that's not what it's designed to do. It's designed to cart you around town in a quiet, luxurious cocoon that is still responsive and fun to drive. Having the engine backup is vital. There's no way I could do an EV with less than 100 miles of range without being constantly paranoid that I'd run out of juice. The ELR solves that problem. You can milk the batteries for all they've got, then the motor kicks in to keep you going.

ELR beats Tesla S hands down!!
By rowley123 on 06/13/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Cadillac ELR Coupe 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I wanted a luxury electric car and thought Tesla was the way to go UNTIL I saw the CADILLAC ELR. This car is the way to go if you are looking for a high end electric car that is fun to drive and practical. The all electric cars concerned me since you HAD to plan a long distance trip around charging. The ELS, however has a 9 gallon gas tank there to power the generator to make more electricity- how awesome is that!!! (It is NOT a hybrid with a gasoline engine). My only fault is with the rear seat size - but lets face it, the population that drives an ELR is not running kids to dance lessons - you are way past that! (or have a mini van for the "family car".)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.