I need a luxury coupe
By ksu1974 on
2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought a 2001 ESC with 52,000 miles and have put 20,000 trouble-free miles on it in 16 months. It uses regular fuel and I get 28 mpg on the highway. With a strong tailwind, I get 30 to 34. Pretty incredible for a V-8. And lots of power, good brakes. I had a Troféo with 300,000 + miles and the ESC was the best substitute I could find. Interior styling is not as luxurious as the Oldsmobile. But the power and mpg make up for it. Since their is no other American luxury coupe and Chevrolet refuses to upgrade the Monte Carlo, I may buy another ESC or ETC and rotate the two until GM comes to their senses about what we want. Overweight gas guzzlers can't be our future.
Favorite Features
Power!! Just in case I haven't mentioned it before. I read other reviews saying they got 27-28 on the highway. I was just hoping for 25 after getting 20 in the Olds. But I get 28 all the time. Just amazing. Why buy a new econobox and maybe get 32? Get the best of both worlds, power and luxury.
Suggested Improvements
Deeper seats. More travel for the lumbar. I have herniated discs and need the comfort. Probably better than average seats for a healthy back. I would like to see GM continue to build some luxury coupe. The G6 ain't it. But the cost of the quality must be 0, so lots of profit available.