Used 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

MY ELDORADO
By Joe Criscione

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 EldoradoETC with 85K miles on the clock. ck engine lite, wheel bearing, motor mounts, starter motor, about 1500.00 dollars worth, also replaced all the sensors. But smetimes when you buy a used car you have to invest a few bucks to straighten stuff out. All that being said, My Eldorado runs PERFECT, Gets 29MPG on the road, and looks acts and feels like the thorobred she is. Love the car and it was well worth the money I payed for it including the repairs. I think GM is on the right road offering 2 dr Cadillacs.

Tilt Wheel that tilts almost in your lap, Bose Radio & CD, Huge Trunk, AeroDynamic Style, Solid Ride.

None

Last of Its Breed
By James M. Hare

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My '01 Eldorado ETC has been a dream. It is absolutely perfect in every way. I have had ZERO maintenance or reliability issues with it. It only needs oil and gas. It's smooth, quiet, comfortable, fast, safe, and a joy to drive. The Eldorado is the pinnacle of the 2-door luxury sport coupes as far as I'm concerned. The interior is comfortable, quiet, roomy (for it's style), and well built. The engine is a marvel of technology and delivers amazing power and yet very good gas mileage.

The ride, styling, handling (for a FWD car), and the luxurious interior.

Cadillac, start making the Eldorado again!

Dog
By Ji m Bolton

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car except for its reliability. Mine died with only 1,400 miles on it and needed a tow off the interstate. I should have known then. Over its life, it has had four dead batteries, over $2,000 so far in electrical repairs, and latest is over 7 days in the shop with 24 indicators in the computer. The GM tech center is taking bets on what the problem is. Many parts have been replaced, so far including the computer itself. This is the last Cadillac I will ever own (first one was an '84, remember those engines that blew up?). I have never owned a "foreign" car, but this one has done it. For the first time in 50 years, I am considering a nice Japanese vehicle.

The ride, power, and looks.

Make it work.

Awesome Vehicle
By Rita Balenger

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is truly awesome. The ride and feel are fantastic. I've owned two other Eldorados (90 and 95) and this one outperforms the others, hands down. After owning one, I knew I had to have another one. It will definately get out of its way. It is very peppy and a true joy to drive. I love my car.

Everything you need is on the dash, not in the glove compartment. The Bose stereo system is awesome. The rain senser wipers are great. The body style and low profile wheels are wonderful.

None. The car is great as is. I don't know why Cadillac stopped making this model. I don't like the newer Cadillac cars...they are too boxy.

If you are considering one...buy it!
By 35 cars +

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned more than 35 cars from Suzuki's to Porsches, Mercedes-Benzes, Audis etc. I did a lot of research on my recent purchase of a 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC before buying it. I have been very happy with a the couple of Cadillacs that I have owned in the past. I have only owned this car a short time, but I have to say that it is one awesome coupe. It combines beauty, luxury, sport, power, reliability, and decent gas mileage all in one...I can't think of any other cars out there that can do this. If you are considering one, I recommend find an excellent shape low mileage one and buy it quick and start enjoying!

Interior and exterior design is awesome. The car is luxurious and sporty without being 'over done'. The 300 hp engine delivers great power and decent gas mileage. Smooth, sporty handling and oh so quiet a ride....except for the Bose stereo that has unbelievable sound quality.

This particular car did not have an option for a garage door opener? I would have expected this, but the rest of the car makes up for this lacking item.