Used 2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

keep it
By steve smith

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Mine has " STARBURST" chrome wheels and " VOGUE " tires, and GOLD pin-striping so it looks completely different than the stock model shown above. In my opinion, there is not a better looking car, with the upgrades I have, out there. Only cars that look as good. I have been looking at new cars recently, and am VERY disappointed. I have decided to completely re-build the car to almost new standards.

MY ELDORADO
By Joe Criscione

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 EldoradoETC with 85K miles on the clock. ck engine lite, wheel bearing, motor mounts, starter motor, about 1500.00 dollars worth, also replaced all the sensors. But smetimes when you buy a used car you have to invest a few bucks to straighten stuff out. All that being said, My Eldorado runs PERFECT, Gets 29MPG on the road, and looks acts and feels like the thorobred she is. Love the car and it was well worth the money I payed for it including the repairs. I think GM is on the right road offering 2 dr Cadillacs.

Tilt Wheel that tilts almost in your lap, Bose Radio & CD, Huge Trunk, AeroDynamic Style, Solid Ride.

None

Great Ride
By Char Kar

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car from its northstar engine to its beautiful look. This car has impressed me as I have had a lot of sports cars and this has to be the smoothest ride out of all. People that have never rode in a Eldorado are just as impressed as I was my first ride, They are over taken by the smooth fast acceleration it has and so quiet it seems to be on a cloud.

The 300 HP northstar, The smooth ride.

I really have none, I love it just as it is.

I need a luxury coupe
By ksu1974

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 ESC with 52,000 miles and have put 20,000 trouble-free miles on it in 16 months. It uses regular fuel and I get 28 mpg on the highway. With a strong tailwind, I get 30 to 34. Pretty incredible for a V-8. And lots of power, good brakes. I had a Troféo with 300,000 + miles and the ESC was the best substitute I could find. Interior styling is not as luxurious as the Oldsmobile. But the power and mpg make up for it. Since their is no other American luxury coupe and Chevrolet refuses to upgrade the Monte Carlo, I may buy another ESC or ETC and rotate the two until GM comes to their senses about what we want. Overweight gas guzzlers can't be our future.

Power!! Just in case I haven't mentioned it before. I read other reviews saying they got 27-28 on the highway. I was just hoping for 25 after getting 20 in the Olds. But I get 28 all the time. Just amazing. Why buy a new econobox and maybe get 32? Get the best of both worlds, power and luxury.

Deeper seats. More travel for the lumbar. I have herniated discs and need the comfort. Probably better than average seats for a healthy back. I would like to see GM continue to build some luxury coupe. The G6 ain't it. But the cost of the quality must be 0, so lots of profit available.

Classic Eldorado
By Jerry Price

2001 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is comfortable, quiet, sporty, and powerful. It has been very reliable and still has a nice style after seven years. We are still pleased with the 28 MPG on our long trips.

Style, performance, comfort, and front drive traction.

Stsrt making them again.