2001 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Last of Its Breed
By James M. Hare on 01/13/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My '01 Eldorado ETC has been a dream. It is absolutely perfect in every way. I have had ZERO maintenance or reliability issues with it. It only needs oil and gas. It's smooth, quiet, comfortable, fast, safe, and a joy to drive. The Eldorado is the pinnacle of the 2-door luxury sport coupes as far as I'm concerned. The interior is comfortable, quiet, roomy (for it's style), and well built. The engine is a marvel of technology and delivers amazing power and yet very good gas mileage.

Dog
By Ji m Bolton on 10/26/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car except for its reliability. Mine died with only 1,400 miles on it and needed a tow off the interstate. I should have known then. Over its life, it has had four dead batteries, over $2,000 so far in electrical repairs, and latest is over 7 days in the shop with 24 indicators in the computer. The GM tech center is taking bets on what the problem is. Many parts have been replaced, so far including the computer itself. This is the last Cadillac I will ever own (first one was an '84, remember those engines that blew up?). I have never owned a "foreign" car, but this one has done it. For the first time in 50 years, I am considering a nice Japanese vehicle.

Awesome Vehicle
By Rita Balenger on 02/01/06 20:30 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is truly awesome. The ride and feel are fantastic. I've owned two other Eldorados (90 and 95) and this one outperforms the others, hands down. After owning one, I knew I had to have another one. It will definately get out of its way. It is very peppy and a true joy to drive. I love my car.

If you are considering one...buy it!
By 35 cars + on 11/24/04 22:22 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned more than 35 cars from Suzuki's to Porsches, Mercedes-Benzes, Audis etc. I did a lot of research on my recent purchase of a 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC before buying it. I have been very happy with a the couple of Cadillacs that I have owned in the past. I have only owned this car a short time, but I have to say that it is one awesome coupe. It combines beauty, luxury, sport, power, reliability, and decent gas mileage all in one...I can't think of any other cars out there that can do this. If you are considering one, I recommend find an excellent shape low mileage one and buy it quick and start enjoying!

ETC Road King
By JB Geer on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my late model corvette for this fine used automobile, as I desired something more comfortable and better designed for everyday driving, yet retaining a destinctive and sporty look. I am most impressed! The northstar engine is very quick and responsive, the ride excellent and the stylish look is an eye-catcher. Took my first roadtrip and achieved 25mpg...excellent. Although three years old, the ETC is very tight...no rattles.

2001 ETC
By ARTsETC on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving a new ETC every 3 uears since the Northstar came out. Its a great car. You get full size, decent handling, comfort and great performance.

Eldorado ETC, Build to GO!
By NormMike on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new. I was driving an older Eldorado Touring Coupe. This 2001 ETC is a sporting dream, with full passenger seating (front and back), and room for my business stuff! This machine talks to the road and provides the driver with full control of steering, unbelievable power and road control. It is a sleeper, few people know what the car is and they do look at it. The 2001 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe (ETC) is GMs Corvette for people needing extra seating and space!

2001 etc
By Ron Cart on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2001 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe is the best looking car on the market today. Turn the key to start and you will immediately feel the quality of this fine car. Watch the tach to see if it is running. The starter hardly makes a sound. Acceleration and power are excellent. Drive it gently at freeway speed and gas mileage will be well above 20mpg. I owned a '93 eldo for over 4 years then sold to a neighbor. That was not a good move but now the new one I intend to keep at least the next 10 years.

My ETC Eldorado
By dclay on 02/28/02 12:57 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the car's ride, handling, comfort & performance. I don't like the extensive use of plastic on the car's exterior. So far, have not had to have any service other than routine maintenance. The disc brakes are not up to my standards but have them on a list to be checked by the dealer.