Used 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Great Ride
By Char Kar

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car from its northstar engine to its beautiful look. This car has impressed me as I have had a lot of sports cars and this has to be the smoothest ride out of all. People that have never rode in a Eldorado are just as impressed as I was my first ride, They are over taken by the smooth fast acceleration it has and so quiet it seems to be on a cloud.

Favorite Features

The 300 HP northstar, The smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

I really have none, I love it just as it is.

I need a luxury coupe
By ksu1974

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 ESC with 52,000 miles and have put 20,000 trouble-free miles on it in 16 months. It uses regular fuel and I get 28 mpg on the highway. With a strong tailwind, I get 30 to 34. Pretty incredible for a V-8. And lots of power, good brakes. I had a Troféo with 300,000 + miles and the ESC was the best substitute I could find. Interior styling is not as luxurious as the Oldsmobile. But the power and mpg make up for it. Since their is no other American luxury coupe and Chevrolet refuses to upgrade the Monte Carlo, I may buy another ESC or ETC and rotate the two until GM comes to their senses about what we want. Overweight gas guzzlers can't be our future.

Favorite Features

Power!! Just in case I haven't mentioned it before. I read other reviews saying they got 27-28 on the highway. I was just hoping for 25 after getting 20 in the Olds. But I get 28 all the time. Just amazing. Why buy a new econobox and maybe get 32? Get the best of both worlds, power and luxury.

Suggested Improvements

Deeper seats. More travel for the lumbar. I have herniated discs and need the comfort. Probably better than average seats for a healthy back. I would like to see GM continue to build some luxury coupe. The G6 ain't it. But the cost of the quality must be 0, so lots of profit available.

Classic Eldorado
By Jerry Price

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is comfortable, quiet, sporty, and powerful. It has been very reliable and still has a nice style after seven years. We are still pleased with the 28 MPG on our long trips.

Favorite Features

Style, performance, comfort, and front drive traction.

Suggested Improvements

Stsrt making them again.

I Love it!
By Chris

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Hands down the best car I have driven. It has a very smooth and refined ride as well as an elegant design. The car is not afraid to move, when you floor it be ready for what it does. The Eldorado is just as fast as a V8 Mustang or Camaro. That being said, in town milage is poor but if you use the cruise on the highway and keep it to 80, you can see as much as 25 to the gallon.

Favorite Features

The hidden power!

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back!

Go Caddy and never go back!
By XANVTA

2001 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What a pleasant experience! From purchase negotiation to present I've have been impressed and pleased. The ESC provides the legendary Cadillac ride and sufficient horse for all types of travel. I get 29 mpg on the road and 24 mpg in town on regular fuel, that is huge given the V8 and a/c. This car packs alot of luxury combined with performance in one car for a very reasonable price tag.

Favorite Features

The Northstar V8 is #1 followed by the quality leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Provide more color selection options for interior. We have the Crimson Pearl with natural shale interior which is a nice contrast. Would have also liked the Diamond White with burgundy or blue interior.