2000 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Review: Not bad for an Eldorado

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Review

Not bad for an Eldorado
By cadillacmike on

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I bought my used 2000 Cadillac Eldorado, because it was a Coach Builders Limited Convertible conversion. The steel roofed Eldorado was just to bugly for me with it's HUGE blind spot. Anyway, I've had it for about three months, and I think it's too bad they stopped maikng this car, beceuse it took me two years to find one here in Tampa and this is supposed to be convertible country. Realibility: It's been ok, just an annoying intermittent remote trunk release problem, that definitely has something to do with the convertiblle top. The Northstar engine system is SUPERB. I am experiencing lots of wind noise, but it's a convertible. It handles fine, but has a little tourque steer under hard throttle. That's to be expected in a FWD car.

I love the convertible top with automatic hard boot, chrome wheels, driver memory / personalization system, and Trunk CD changer. The Northstar engine system can't be beat. It has confortable yet supportive seats, an easy to adjust climate control, an easy to use driver info system. Everybody loves my car's crimson pearl paint.

My car should have had the Bose audio system, MOST ESC models did not have (all ETC models had it as standard equip). Tilt wheel, when down, partially obscures gauges. Mirrors do not fold in, (even though sister car Seville had fold-in mirrors starting in 1999). Its typical coupe big doors make entry exit a challenge.