2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Bad Eldo
By fame23 on 02/20/14 13:13 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

Loved everything about this head turning 2000 ESC, I purchased in 2011 with 71k mi, I put 18k mi on it and all hell broke loose, first it couldn't pass smog, mechanic said cat converter $300 still didn't pass another mech said bad sensors $200 , NOPE then i noticed the car started shaking ,mech said motor mounts $500, but the nightmare continues bc smoke stated coming from tailpipes ,later diagnostic test revealed blown head gasket needs new engine and codes that showed something bad in transmission also air shocks leak witch causes rear end to sag ,results Eldo has been parked on curve almost 2yrs.

Love my Caddy but.....
By cadillacscott on 08/05/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2000 Eldorado used with 70,000 miles and it was well taken care of. However, being a "car guy" in an effort to do the very best in preventive maintenance, I felt I have been let down on so many occasions. The car is over-sensored and I am constantly chasing electronic messages like security, car may not restart, door ajar, service engine light on, it just drives me nuts and have spent a lot of money to make it right - now I have just given up and will be selling it. Too bad, I really liked this car and have had so many complements. My 1959 Caddy will probably be more reliable than this one!

Eldorado-Best Cadillac Ever made
By MPFLLC on 07/02/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Eldorado ESC is an amazing car. Purchased a year ago with 22K miles and now have 30K on her. Not one problem save it came to me with original tires. With only minor maintenance required I literally have a new car. Exceptional performance, styling and ride. Did I mention that she gets 30 mpg at 70 mph and averages 18-22 in town. Wife liked it so much that I found her a white 2000 Eldo with 9,200 miles on it. This is our 14th & 15th Cadillac since 1979 and none better!

2000 Eldorado ESC
By vaeldorado on 03/30/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

I love my Eldo as a daily drive car. Ride is excellent, smooth and powerful. Electrical systems are only fair. I have had problems with seatbelt warning light - headlight and fog light switches. Door panels are loose - they have been repaired twice. Wind noise is loud. Air compressor failed at 71,000 miles. Dashboard tray door won't click down. In other words, lots of nit picks on electrical and interior build, but otherwise a great ride!

Still a Great Ride
By BigMike5 on 07/26/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

We have had a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC for almost five years now. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Gets 32 mpg on the hwy at 70 mph. No joke. Better than my Chrysler 300M with 6 cyl. Virtually no problems at all with the car. I think the seats could have had a little longer seat pad and the spare room between grill and fan could have been put in the back seat for more legroom, but having said that, the car has been great. Am looking to buy another Caddy for the wife and wish the Eldorado was still around. We will look at an STS or DeVille.

Very nice running car
By cadillacmike on 02/03/05 21:00 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

The car I bought is a Coach Builders Limited convertible conversion, so it's a convertible. This means less interior lighting, and a SLIGHTLY smaller trunk, and of course wind noise, but it was a first class job, with an automatic hard boot that raises and lowers to cover the top. You get about 70% of the original trunk space regardless of the top position, nice wnen compared to the "no trunk space" problem of the popular folding hard top cars, and it seats five. The excellent Northstar system has phenomenal power and can actually run for 50 miles at 50 MPH with NO coolant. It has nearly every convienience feauer availabe from 2000, and rides very smooth and quiet (below about 70MPH).

Last of the big 2 doors
By cadillacmike on 01/16/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

The 1992-2002 Eldorados were fine cars, but they didn't sell well enough for GM. Too bad. The cars were VERY powerful and had the latest electronic advances, until around 2000 when GM had probably already decide to discontinue it. (Eldorado has older stabilitrak than Seville, etc). Being FWD, this car is has some torque steer, but its not too annoying. The Bose audio system is excellent, but most ESCs did not have it. The seating is very comfortable, but not as supportive in ESC trim. The driver info center is easy to use. The memory personalization is also easy to set up. It can take a 12 disk CD changer with no additional wiring. The optional OnStar is very useful.

2000 Eldorado ESC
By JMC on 01/01/05 22:56 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed my 2000 Cadillac Eldorado as much as any I have ever owned, including Jaguars, Porches, and Chevrolet Corvettes. It may not have the handling, but you cannot beat the ride on a long trip. Its performance is excellent for its size.

Not bad for an Eldorado
By cadillacmike on 12/22/04 03:18 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

I bought my used 2000 Cadillac Eldorado, because it was a Coach Builders Limited Convertible conversion. The steel roofed Eldorado was just to bugly for me with it's HUGE blind spot. Anyway, I've had it for about three months, and I think it's too bad they stopped maikng this car, beceuse it took me two years to find one here in Tampa and this is supposed to be convertible country. Realibility: It's been ok, just an annoying intermittent remote trunk release problem, that definitely has something to do with the convertiblle top. The Northstar engine system is SUPERB. I am experiencing lots of wind noise, but it's a convertible. It handles fine, but has a little tourque steer under hard throttle. That's to be expected in a FWD car.

Love my Caddy
By RubyRed on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe ESC 2dr Coupe

Excellent handling car! Looks good and feels great. Not bad on gas mileage for the size of the engine. This is a very smooth ride.