Used 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Bad Eldo
By fame23

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

Loved everything about this head turning 2000 ESC, I purchased in 2011 with 71k mi, I put 18k mi on it and all hell broke loose, first it couldn't pass smog, mechanic said cat converter $300 still didn't pass another mech said bad sensors $200 , NOPE then i noticed the car started shaking ,mech said motor mounts $500, but the nightmare continues bc smoke stated coming from tailpipes ,later diagnostic test revealed blown head gasket needs new engine and codes that showed something bad in transmission also air shocks leak witch causes rear end to sag ,results Eldo has been parked on curve almost 2yrs.

Love my Caddy but.....
By cadillacscott

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2000 Eldorado used with 70,000 miles and it was well taken care of. However, being a "car guy" in an effort to do the very best in preventive maintenance, I felt I have been let down on so many occasions. The car is over-sensored and I am constantly chasing electronic messages like security, car may not restart, door ajar, service engine light on, it just drives me nuts and have spent a lot of money to make it right - now I have just given up and will be selling it. Too bad, I really liked this car and have had so many complements. My 1959 Caddy will probably be more reliable than this one!

The car is just plain oversensored. I am tired of tracking down problems - plain and simple.

Eldorado-Best Cadillac Ever made
By MPFLLC

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Eldorado ESC is an amazing car. Purchased a year ago with 22K miles and now have 30K on her. Not one problem save it came to me with original tires. With only minor maintenance required I literally have a new car. Exceptional performance, styling and ride. Did I mention that she gets 30 mpg at 70 mph and averages 18-22 in town. Wife liked it so much that I found her a white 2000 Eldo with 9,200 miles on it. This is our 14th & 15th Cadillac since 1979 and none better!

Performance - Styling - Ride

None-As with everyone, wish Cadillac still manufactured the Eldorado.

2000 Eldorado ESC
By vaeldorado

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I love my Eldo as a daily drive car. Ride is excellent, smooth and powerful. Electrical systems are only fair. I have had problems with seatbelt warning light - headlight and fog light switches. Door panels are loose - they have been repaired twice. Wind noise is loud. Air compressor failed at 71,000 miles. Dashboard tray door won't click down. In other words, lots of nit picks on electrical and interior build, but otherwise a great ride!

Ride and power. Big comfortable front seats. Not a good car for more than two people. HUGE trunk.

The car is a goner - don't worry about it!

Still a Great Ride
By BigMike5

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

We have had a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC for almost five years now. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Gets 32 mpg on the hwy at 70 mph. No joke. Better than my Chrysler 300M with 6 cyl. Virtually no problems at all with the car. I think the seats could have had a little longer seat pad and the spare room between grill and fan could have been put in the back seat for more legroom, but having said that, the car has been great. Am looking to buy another Caddy for the wife and wish the Eldorado was still around. We will look at an STS or DeVille.

MPG of over 20 around town and 32 on the highway at 70. Heated seats.

Grage door opener should have been standard. Seat bottoms could be longer. Would have love a heads up display on this car.