2000 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Bad Eldo
By fame23 on 02/20/14 13:13 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

Loved everything about this head turning 2000 ESC, I purchased in 2011 with 71k mi, I put 18k mi on it and all hell broke loose, first it couldn't pass smog, mechanic said cat converter $300 still didn't pass another mech said bad sensors $200 , NOPE then i noticed the car started shaking ,mech said motor mounts $500, but the nightmare continues bc smoke stated coming from tailpipes ,later diagnostic test revealed blown head gasket needs new engine and codes that showed something bad in transmission also air shocks leak witch causes rear end to sag ,results Eldo has been parked on curve almost 2yrs.

2000 Caddy Eldo ETC
By Glakken13 on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe

Simply put it is the finest car I have ever driven or owned.

Love my Caddy but.....
By cadillacscott on 08/05/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2000 Eldorado used with 70,000 miles and it was well taken care of. However, being a "car guy" in an effort to do the very best in preventive maintenance, I felt I have been let down on so many occasions. The car is over-sensored and I am constantly chasing electronic messages like security, car may not restart, door ajar, service engine light on, it just drives me nuts and have spent a lot of money to make it right - now I have just given up and will be selling it. Too bad, I really liked this car and have had so many complements. My 1959 Caddy will probably be more reliable than this one!

Eldorado-Best Cadillac Ever made
By MPFLLC on 07/02/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Eldorado ESC is an amazing car. Purchased a year ago with 22K miles and now have 30K on her. Not one problem save it came to me with original tires. With only minor maintenance required I literally have a new car. Exceptional performance, styling and ride. Did I mention that she gets 30 mpg at 70 mph and averages 18-22 in town. Wife liked it so much that I found her a white 2000 Eldo with 9,200 miles on it. This is our 14th & 15th Cadillac since 1979 and none better!

2000 Eldorado ESC
By vaeldorado on 03/30/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I love my Eldo as a daily drive car. Ride is excellent, smooth and powerful. Electrical systems are only fair. I have had problems with seatbelt warning light - headlight and fog light switches. Door panels are loose - they have been repaired twice. Wind noise is loud. Air compressor failed at 71,000 miles. Dashboard tray door won't click down. In other words, lots of nit picks on electrical and interior build, but otherwise a great ride!

Fantastic, fast car
By Rene on 08/02/07 21:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe

My husband insisted that I had to buy this model because of its sporty look. I wanted a 4 door in the worst way. The only reason I am replacing my ElDo is for 4 doors and room for a Rotweiller. I have loved this car, but hate lifting a sleeping grandchild out of the back seat car seat. It is a thrill to drive, so comfortable and very luxurious. I had problems with water leaking around my moonroof but I had a great service department and so my inconvience was minor. They totally replaced my carpet twice and finally cured the leak problem.

What a blast
By pketch on 05/19/07 09:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe

Bought used off lease. ETC Crims Pearl.How did I get so lucky? Drives like you would expect. First year aluminum roller rocker followers. The use of premium fuel is not required. A real plus with fuel getting ready to $4. Gas milage is great for the size and power. Under estimated by EPA. 22+ around town 28+ on the road. Transmission has to be one of the best. The shift is almost unnoticible. But best off all they tell you at GM to drive it like you stole it. The G force when you punch it will set you back in your set. The styling, being that GM tried to emulate the '67 (first year) I say they nailed it. Those classic lines are all over it. In short love the car, love to drive it

Still a Great Ride
By BigMike5 on 07/26/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

We have had a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC for almost five years now. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Gets 32 mpg on the hwy at 70 mph. No joke. Better than my Chrysler 300M with 6 cyl. Virtually no problems at all with the car. I think the seats could have had a little longer seat pad and the spare room between grill and fan could have been put in the back seat for more legroom, but having said that, the car has been great. Am looking to buy another Caddy for the wife and wish the Eldorado was still around. We will look at an STS or DeVille.

Very nice running car
By cadillacmike on 02/03/05 21:00 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

The car I bought is a Coach Builders Limited convertible conversion, so it's a convertible. This means less interior lighting, and a SLIGHTLY smaller trunk, and of course wind noise, but it was a first class job, with an automatic hard boot that raises and lowers to cover the top. You get about 70% of the original trunk space regardless of the top position, nice wnen compared to the "no trunk space" problem of the popular folding hard top cars, and it seats five. The excellent Northstar system has phenomenal power and can actually run for 50 miles at 50 MPH with NO coolant. It has nearly every convienience feauer availabe from 2000, and rides very smooth and quiet (below about 70MPH).

Last of the big 2 doors
By cadillacmike on 01/16/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

The 1992-2002 Eldorados were fine cars, but they didn't sell well enough for GM. Too bad. The cars were VERY powerful and had the latest electronic advances, until around 2000 when GM had probably already decide to discontinue it. (Eldorado has older stabilitrak than Seville, etc). Being FWD, this car is has some torque steer, but its not too annoying. The Bose audio system is excellent, but most ESCs did not have it. The seating is very comfortable, but not as supportive in ESC trim. The driver info center is easy to use. The memory personalization is also easy to set up. It can take a 12 disk CD changer with no additional wiring. The optional OnStar is very useful.