Used 2000 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac Eldorado

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Bad Eldo
By fame23

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

Loved everything about this head turning 2000 ESC, I purchased in 2011 with 71k mi, I put 18k mi on it and all hell broke loose, first it couldn't pass smog, mechanic said cat converter $300 still didn't pass another mech said bad sensors $200 , NOPE then i noticed the car started shaking ,mech said motor mounts $500, but the nightmare continues bc smoke stated coming from tailpipes ,later diagnostic test revealed blown head gasket needs new engine and codes that showed something bad in transmission also air shocks leak witch causes rear end to sag ,results Eldo has been parked on curve almost 2yrs.

2000 Caddy Eldo ETC
By Glakken13

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC 2dr Coupe

Simply put it is the finest car I have ever driven or owned.

Favorite Features

The power steering. It has Magna-steer. This car without question has the best power steering of any car i have ever driven!

Suggested Improvements

Bottom of seats could be a little longer. Would like to have wider wheels and tires standard. More like the Corvettes.

Love my Caddy but.....
By cadillacscott

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 2000 Eldorado used with 70,000 miles and it was well taken care of. However, being a "car guy" in an effort to do the very best in preventive maintenance, I felt I have been let down on so many occasions. The car is over-sensored and I am constantly chasing electronic messages like security, car may not restart, door ajar, service engine light on, it just drives me nuts and have spent a lot of money to make it right - now I have just given up and will be selling it. Too bad, I really liked this car and have had so many complements. My 1959 Caddy will probably be more reliable than this one!

Suggested Improvements

The car is just plain oversensored. I am tired of tracking down problems - plain and simple.

Eldorado-Best Cadillac Ever made
By MPFLLC

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Eldorado ESC is an amazing car. Purchased a year ago with 22K miles and now have 30K on her. Not one problem save it came to me with original tires. With only minor maintenance required I literally have a new car. Exceptional performance, styling and ride. Did I mention that she gets 30 mpg at 70 mph and averages 18-22 in town. Wife liked it so much that I found her a white 2000 Eldo with 9,200 miles on it. This is our 14th & 15th Cadillac since 1979 and none better!

Favorite Features

Performance - Styling - Ride

Suggested Improvements

None-As with everyone, wish Cadillac still manufactured the Eldorado.

2000 Eldorado ESC
By vaeldorado

2000 Cadillac Eldorado ESC 2dr Coupe

I love my Eldo as a daily drive car. Ride is excellent, smooth and powerful. Electrical systems are only fair. I have had problems with seatbelt warning light - headlight and fog light switches. Door panels are loose - they have been repaired twice. Wind noise is loud. Air compressor failed at 71,000 miles. Dashboard tray door won't click down. In other words, lots of nit picks on electrical and interior build, but otherwise a great ride!

Favorite Features

Ride and power. Big comfortable front seats. Not a good car for more than two people. HUGE trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The car is a goner - don't worry about it!