Used 1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Please help me save my baby!!!
By nitro2go

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I recently bought a 99 El Dorado w/Northstar. I love it so very much,but, I didnt do my homework, now it needs an alternator, and I hear it will often, A new one is expensive! Can I get one with a heavier voltage regulator to avoid this problem? If not, I'm afraid Ill have to sell my baby. :{{{{{ signed very unhappy.

Too many to list, which is causing the electrical burdon.

Build this electrical giant with the ability to handle the load.

GREAT car, when it runs**
By jason91notch

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I loved this car very much, and it was a blast to drive. the problem is, before 60,000 miles it needed an engine, and a transmission 10k later. I babied this car, followed the owners manual maintenance religiously, yet it was issue after issue. replaced the engine, transmission, alternator 3 times, ECM twice, and shocks, all before 70,000 miles. Also, thank GOD I had an aftermarket warranty, because the engine cost over $10,000 to replace, and the transmission cost 4,000$.

300 hp rivals most sports cars on the street!

Reliability, reliability, reliability!

5 yr Owner
By Eldorado Lover...

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Eldorado now for 5 1/2 years and had a few problems with it, however it has been an amazing car to drive. Fast, fun, and comfortable. I would buy another one in a heart beat. it now has 141,000 and runs like a top. I would suggest to put synthetic oil in it though.

Speed, Leather, Heated seats for the cold winters in Minnesota!

Take care of the head gasket problem.

Big Red
By Scott

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

Thou I have only owned this amazing car for a short time I am total in love with it. Never thought I would own a Caddy that would out run a Mustang gt but I do. This car has a ton of power and it gets between 18 and 19 mpg. Its a very bold looking car to say the least and it really turns heads. I wish it had a sun roof and massaging seat but you cant have everything. Find any type of performence part is impossible for some reason there seems to be a lack of parts out there. I bought this car with 55,000 miles on it for $10,500. which is way over the book value but now am glad I did. The Bose stereo will not pick up and hold any radio stations I am starting to think it may need repaired.

Power, power and more power. Great handling good mpg.

Cut down on the northstar oil drinking. At the price they sell for a moon roof would have been nice. Start manufacturing them again! Can't believe GM stopped production I feel that was a big mistake.

Eldoraldo
By dale

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

It is the best car I ever owned. You have a hot rod and a classy car combined. You know how you go down the interstate and a big truck passes you from the other way and it shakes your car. Well this baby cuts thru it like a knife. It will keep up with or blow away just about anything on the road. For looks it is the best looking Caddy ever made. It was a big mistake to stop making the Eldoraldo. I get nothing but compliments everywhere I go. I will never get rid of my baby

Automatic tinting mirrors when someone comes up on you with brights on. Heated seats, Bose stereo. Three airconditioning controls, driver, front passenger, and the back seat. Power everything. No matter how loud you turn up the stereo it does not distort. Turning radius is excellent

Rain gutters on the windows. Rear wheel drive like the old days but keep that engine. Some kind of venting in the trunk. It builds up condensation on my spare. Put a real spare in the trunk not a donut.