1999 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
A beautiful, troublesome woman
By TravelinMan on 07/25/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I always loved the design of the 1992- 2002 Caddy Eldorado, so I bought a clean 99. It ran well for about two years, and then the problems began. Interior things fell apart. The AC stopped working. The battery went low until it was dead - though it was only a few months old. The driver's seat self-adjusted randomly, even when the car was parked. When I started the car, the trunk and gas door popped open. Mechanics were baffled, and theorized a short in the electric system. The repair job was estimated at hundreds of dollars. Friends with Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas say that their cars run for many years with no problems.

I got a lemon
By Norvs26 on 06/14/09 06:08 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

Though most reviews for the Eldo are excellent, mines been a nightmare from day one. a month after I bought it the head gasket blew and it was cheaper to replace the engine than the gaskets. Every month its a new problem. window motor, climate control motor, door panel fell off, trunk latch broke, ect.ect. I can't wait to get rid of. I'm done with American cars now.

Old Favorite
By Gypsy Momma on 11/19/08 17:34 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

My 99 Eldorado was my 1st Cadillac but I had long admired the El's style. It was a lease car w 20K miles. I drove it daily until I got my new CTS last year. I like the CTS but I still love the Eldorado There's no comparison in the ride. I drive hilly, winding roads & the El never ceases to amaze me with it's easy & steady handling. I'm a female 5'2" & always feel in control of this car even though it has supreme power when needed. Of course, there have been repairs (it's about 140K now) but the engine still sounds as smooth as the day I bought it. I keep thinking I need to sell it but I can't seem to part with it. It's more reliable than most of my other old friends!

Edward Vaughan
By Edward Vaughan on 09/15/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

This car is a good value at the price requested. It is fully loaded and has been reasonable on gas considering its power and weight. The car runs smoothly and handles extremely well. It is the epitome of luxury and power. The car is clean inside and out and while it has 97K on it there are many miles left in this excellent car. Don't miss this opportunity of owning a Cadillac which is a premier car at a very affordable price.

Sweet Ride
By fishbone70 on 03/20/06 03:07 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I have had my Eldorado for nearly a year now. I cannot tell you how the black exterior coupled with the black interior turns heads. The power is always there. I love dusting off little import tuners...they always underestimate the power of American design! I love this car!

New Baby
By CADI99 on 11/10/05 15:56 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I have to say that I just got this car so my ratings are driven by perception and not so much experience. But since I purchased this car, I have not had any mechanical issues. The engine is something else, all that power and so smooth. I love the sound and the comfort of the seats. My only real concern is with the maintenance history of battery changes. So I'm watching this closely. I've also noted that the interior dash lights dim (very little) when I press the brake pedal. I'm also slightly concerned with the floating feel of the ride as I'm not sure if this is inherent to the design. On the next check-up I'll have this checked out. Otherwise I'm in love with my new baby.