1999 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Please help me save my baby!!!
By nitro2go on 04/11/13 10:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I recently bought a 99 El Dorado w/Northstar. I love it so very much,but, I didnt do my homework, now it needs an alternator, and I hear it will often, A new one is expensive! Can I get one with a heavier voltage regulator to avoid this problem? If not, I'm afraid Ill have to sell my baby. :{{{{{ signed very unhappy.

GREAT car, when it runs**
By jason91notch on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I loved this car very much, and it was a blast to drive. the problem is, before 60,000 miles it needed an engine, and a transmission 10k later. I babied this car, followed the owners manual maintenance religiously, yet it was issue after issue. replaced the engine, transmission, alternator 3 times, ECM twice, and shocks, all before 70,000 miles. Also, thank GOD I had an aftermarket warranty, because the engine cost over $10,000 to replace, and the transmission cost 4,000$.

5 yr Owner
By Eldorado Lover... on 06/11/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Eldorado now for 5 1/2 years and had a few problems with it, however it has been an amazing car to drive. Fast, fun, and comfortable. I would buy another one in a heart beat. it now has 141,000 and runs like a top. I would suggest to put synthetic oil in it though.

A beautiful, troublesome woman
By TravelinMan on 07/25/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I always loved the design of the 1992- 2002 Caddy Eldorado, so I bought a clean 99. It ran well for about two years, and then the problems began. Interior things fell apart. The AC stopped working. The battery went low until it was dead - though it was only a few months old. The driver's seat self-adjusted randomly, even when the car was parked. When I started the car, the trunk and gas door popped open. Mechanics were baffled, and theorized a short in the electric system. The repair job was estimated at hundreds of dollars. Friends with Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas say that their cars run for many years with no problems.

I got a lemon
By Norvs26 on 06/14/09 06:08 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

Though most reviews for the Eldo are excellent, mines been a nightmare from day one. a month after I bought it the head gasket blew and it was cheaper to replace the engine than the gaskets. Every month its a new problem. window motor, climate control motor, door panel fell off, trunk latch broke, ect.ect. I can't wait to get rid of. I'm done with American cars now.

Old Favorite
By Gypsy Momma on 11/19/08 17:34 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

My 99 Eldorado was my 1st Cadillac but I had long admired the El's style. It was a lease car w 20K miles. I drove it daily until I got my new CTS last year. I like the CTS but I still love the Eldorado There's no comparison in the ride. I drive hilly, winding roads & the El never ceases to amaze me with it's easy & steady handling. I'm a female 5'2" & always feel in control of this car even though it has supreme power when needed. Of course, there have been repairs (it's about 140K now) but the engine still sounds as smooth as the day I bought it. I keep thinking I need to sell it but I can't seem to part with it. It's more reliable than most of my other old friends!

Big Red
By Scott on 03/03/08 04:59 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

Thou I have only owned this amazing car for a short time I am total in love with it. Never thought I would own a Caddy that would out run a Mustang gt but I do. This car has a ton of power and it gets between 18 and 19 mpg. Its a very bold looking car to say the least and it really turns heads. I wish it had a sun roof and massaging seat but you cant have everything. Find any type of performence part is impossible for some reason there seems to be a lack of parts out there. I bought this car with 55,000 miles on it for $10,500. which is way over the book value but now am glad I did. The Bose stereo will not pick up and hold any radio stations I am starting to think it may need repaired.

Eldoraldo
By dale on 01/07/08 17:08 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

It is the best car I ever owned. You have a hot rod and a classy car combined. You know how you go down the interstate and a big truck passes you from the other way and it shakes your car. Well this baby cuts thru it like a knife. It will keep up with or blow away just about anything on the road. For looks it is the best looking Caddy ever made. It was a big mistake to stop making the Eldoraldo. I get nothing but compliments everywhere I go. I will never get rid of my baby

Edward Vaughan
By Edward Vaughan on 09/15/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

This car is a good value at the price requested. It is fully loaded and has been reasonable on gas considering its power and weight. The car runs smoothly and handles extremely well. It is the epitome of luxury and power. The car is clean inside and out and while it has 97K on it there are many miles left in this excellent car. Don't miss this opportunity of owning a Cadillac which is a premier car at a very affordable price.

Sweet Ride
By fishbone70 on 03/20/06 03:07 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I have had my Eldorado for nearly a year now. I cannot tell you how the black exterior coupled with the black interior turns heads. The power is always there. I love dusting off little import tuners...they always underestimate the power of American design! I love this car!