1998 Cadillac Eldorado 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Dream Car With Baggage.

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Review

A Dream Car With Baggage.
By CaddyGuy on

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

My Cadillac ETC is my dream car. It has everything but OnSt*r. The exterior body design is unique and sleek. The interior design is Sweeping, modern and extremely attractive. But the Baggage is the NorthStar Engine. No one can afford to repair it unless you have Warrantee. It suffers carbon build up which requires occasional WOTs to clean out. Search the Cadillac forums and search WOT. Though toted by GM as the best engine ever, it is a night mare in costs when repairs come, even small ones, repair cost is excessive. My ETC was my dream car and I enjoy it emensly but I am concerned when that NorthStar should have a problem. You really need to weigh your need vs a junk NorthStar eng.

Favorite Features

The exterior design allows you to have a great looking sleek car that does not look like any other car out there. The interior has a sweeping dash, great stereo system, I wish it had digital dash, good power, great moon roof, comfy seats, great handling, all is good

Suggested Improvements

Junk the NorthStar. The maintenance costs for the NorthStar make this an engine only a warrentee can afford. Cadillac Totes this engine as the High tech option, and as long as you are under the protection of a warrentee, it will stay that way, very cost prohibitive if you must pat the repairs.