1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Loved Mine
By Len on 10/03/08 17:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I graduated high school in 2005 for $7000 with 70,000 miles, drove it for 3 years and loved it. It was relatively quick for a 7 year old car, handled like a boat, but had a soft cushy ride. It needed a $300 tune up, $400 radiator, $500 brakes, and had electrical problems, but it just kept running, never smoked or broke down. It had a great motor, but was a big heavy car, and I wasn't crazy abot the FWD. I traded it in January 2008 for $3500 with minor electrical problems

Scott
By SCOTT on 08/12/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about 1 1/2, and had numerous problems. I had to replace my water pump then the radiator, and now dished out 1600 to fix the head gaskets. I think they messed up with the design of this engine because every mechanic I ask almost all of them refused to work on them including the dealership. It has great horsepower and good on gas, but seems like if you have any problems you should just junk them. There too expensive to work on them, and any major work you got to drop the engine just to get to the source.

I Love This Car!
By Kevin on 10/11/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have loved this from the moment that I bought it. It is now 10 years old and it's still turning heads. The power is unreal. I was so impressed with the 300lbs of torque this car has. The beauty of this car is amazing and I think because there are less of them around people really miss old fashion American design. I am 21 years old and this car is a time capsule for me. It takes me to the stories my grandpa has told me about the 1950's when Eldorado's were the definitive of luxury. The history of America lives on in this wonderful Cadillac.

The Best
By MWA on 09/02/05 01:56 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Oil consumption problems with Northstar engine virtually eliminated with what is termed WOT (wide open throttle)running. It appears ironic, but works. The finest automobile that I have ever owned and offers unparalleled luxury from top to bottom. OBD II system virtually checks systems and can be manually accessed for DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) In essence, it diagnoses its own problems. Leather interior is exquisite. Ride is just like sitting in an expensive leather recliner- in a jet airplane. Sound system-CD changer & cassette player- offer flawless entertainment. MPG 24 city / 30 highway. Beauty, power and performance like no other I have ever driven................

Great car for the money
By caud37 on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

The Eldorado is a timelessly stylish looking car with great power and agility. Just 1 mechanical problem in 7.5 years and GM covered 1/2 the cost even after the warranty expired. Northstar engine is strong and reliable, and the power steering is easier than any car you'll find. I tested the Eldorado against a Mercedes CLK430, a Volvo C70, a Jaguar XK8, a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, a Ford TBird, and the choice was easy. The Jag is the only 1 that looks better, and it cost over twice as much. None of them had the Northstar's quickness. Cadillac quality is back. If you need traction, front wheel drive still rules.

Great car
By on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Fine performance.Quality ride quiet and excellent fuel MPG