1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
A Dream Car With Baggage.
By CaddyGuy on 03/21/09 11:06 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My Cadillac ETC is my dream car. It has everything but OnSt*r. The exterior body design is unique and sleek. The interior design is Sweeping, modern and extremely attractive. But the Baggage is the NorthStar Engine. No one can afford to repair it unless you have Warrantee. It suffers carbon build up which requires occasional WOTs to clean out. Search the Cadillac forums and search WOT. Though toted by GM as the best engine ever, it is a night mare in costs when repairs come, even small ones, repair cost is excessive. My ETC was my dream car and I enjoy it emensly but I am concerned when that NorthStar should have a problem. You really need to weigh your need vs a junk NorthStar eng.

How Do I Keep My Elle Forever?
By Sue on 03/09/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is the nicest car on the road. It can hit high speed (24 mpg) passing a caravan of trucks without even noticing it. The drive home was on roads closed by a winter storm. First stoplight it skidded a bit and stopped. The dashboard said, "Traction Restored." Right then I knew this car was for me! Great mileage on the road and not bad in town either. I won't be buying another Cadillac until they come up with something comparable.

My personal Time Machine
By Larry on 02/27/08 13:30 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I have a Black on Black 98 ETC with the optional SunRoof. What a "looker"! She was turned on by someone that owned her on lease and surprisingly, had very low mileage. Were a couple of maintenance issues, normal for the age and miles of the car and was cared for by warranty! She has been a dream to drive and always like a step into a different dimiension. Everything about her enhances the trip from the smooth ride, comfortable seats, well thought out instruments and Boise Stereo. I always enjoy driving this lady down the highways.

Best Caddie I owned
By steve on 06/10/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I just bought this '98 and fist day I was a little uncomfortable till I found the right seat setting and I started a love affair with the car. To get in and sit down a smile from ear to ear comes across my face. Stomp on the throtle and the car flies like a 1970 Elderado. I am impressed. Handles the best of any Caddie I owmed. I have to watch the speed because I seem to do 80 pulling out on the highway. The car looks new and everyone loves the car and asks about it. She is a keeper for the long run.

In Love
By Patrick on 04/21/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My buddy had a '92 or '93 Eldorado with some 20 inch rims on it. I was WOWWED with the styling. He didn't have the Northstar engine, but I do. I got the ETC Touring Coupe, and the whole car feels SINFUL. I waited over 5 years for this car, and I have not been let down. I am still surprised with things like the "Turn" lighting, presets, dual zone air conditioning / heat, blah blah. Also, I am super impressed with the acceleration. This car is super quiet, and super smooth.

Very Very Very Upset
By Very Disapointed on 10/20/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

When I first got my 1998 Cadillac Eldorado, I loved it no doubt about it. It is very classy and very comfy and the price was right. It gives a very nice ride. However after my first two years with it everything that could go wrong did. I completly replaced the cooling system in the engine I mean everything from the water pump to the radiator every hose and even the bucket the holds the coolent. It was just this great big money pit. Finally the head gasket went that was a mini fourturne to replace. The Northstar engine is the biggest joke 10 mechanics said the same thing. I'm also very upset with the way Cadilac treated me they were so rude and fought me on every problem.

Hidden Performer
By ghiadillac on 03/22/05 18:45 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I've always been a big fan of Cadillacs, especially used ones. Many people seem to be scared off by these cars, but I've always felt they're quite a value after taking the initial depreciation hit. This '98 Eldorado was no exception. The power of this car has amazed everyone who's rode in it, and the exterior is a nice "Cadillac interpretation". Considering the compliments and head-turning ability, it's a rather impressive vehicle for the sub-$10,000 used car group. However there are some hidden costs such as the high-octane fuel and a few extra things to go wrong, but if one doesn't mind a doing little tinkering and is in the market for something nice, this is certainly a car worth a look.

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By PAK on 12/24/04 15:39 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

The 1998 Cadillac Eldorado is the greatest car that I have ever owned. I have had three Mercedes-Benzes and they don't even compair with my Cadillac Eldorado. Not only is is a more comfortable car, but it is faster and more fun to drive. I get almost 25 MPG on the highway and an even 20 MPG in town driving all day long.

My '98 ETC
By Whitey0012 on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

Virtually maintenance-free with the exception of oil changes and tire balance/rotations. Just replaced water pump and left side power window switch 10/28/2004. Future water pump replacements at no costs when using AC/Delco part. The only downside of this model is the lack of rear passenger seating space and blind side visibility on rear passenger side. Performance is absolutely super!! Horsepower (300) and maneuverability are excellent. The car compares favorably with a BMW 745 Turbo I once owned. This would have made a tremendous two-seater sports car. I wouldn't trade this auto for anything else.

This is a great car!
By tsmichelle on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

This is a great car! Even when driven hard (which for me means daily)it just performs. Cadillac's Northstar engines are just fantasic, If you have ever have the chance ot drive one, I highly recommend it.