Used 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

98 eldo
By Vortec770

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

Ive owned this eldo for 6months now and its been a dream.I bought it as a weekend cruiser and it has lived up to its part as a very fun weekend car. The one thing I was very reluctant to do was the so called WOT wide open throttle. After reading a post from a gm power train engineer I now understand why this must be done.needless to say I tried it and not only was is good for the engine,it was fun

A Dream Car With Baggage.
By CaddyGuy

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

My Cadillac ETC is my dream car. It has everything but OnSt*r. The exterior body design is unique and sleek. The interior design is Sweeping, modern and extremely attractive. But the Baggage is the NorthStar Engine. No one can afford to repair it unless you have Warrantee. It suffers carbon build up which requires occasional WOTs to clean out. Search the Cadillac forums and search WOT. Though toted by GM as the best engine ever, it is a night mare in costs when repairs come, even small ones, repair cost is excessive. My ETC was my dream car and I enjoy it emensly but I am concerned when that NorthStar should have a problem. You really need to weigh your need vs a junk NorthStar eng.

The exterior design allows you to have a great looking sleek car that does not look like any other car out there. The interior has a sweeping dash, great stereo system, I wish it had digital dash, good power, great moon roof, comfy seats, great handling, all is good

Junk the NorthStar. The maintenance costs for the NorthStar make this an engine only a warrentee can afford. Cadillac Totes this engine as the High tech option, and as long as you are under the protection of a warrentee, it will stay that way, very cost prohibitive if you must pat the repairs.

How Do I Keep My Elle Forever?
By Sue

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is the nicest car on the road. It can hit high speed (24 mpg) passing a caravan of trucks without even noticing it. The drive home was on roads closed by a winter storm. First stoplight it skidded a bit and stopped. The dashboard said, "Traction Restored." Right then I knew this car was for me! Great mileage on the road and not bad in town either. I won't be buying another Cadillac until they come up with something comparable.

Stabil-Trak, MagnaSteer and the hard as a rock paint job... no keying. Great acceleration and braking.

Start making them again!

My personal Time Machine
By Larry

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I have a Black on Black 98 ETC with the optional SunRoof. What a "looker"! She was turned on by someone that owned her on lease and surprisingly, had very low mileage. Were a couple of maintenance issues, normal for the age and miles of the car and was cared for by warranty! She has been a dream to drive and always like a step into a different dimiension. Everything about her enhances the trip from the smooth ride, comfortable seats, well thought out instruments and Boise Stereo. I always enjoy driving this lady down the highways.

I have always liked cars with a sun roof and the Eldo's sun roof is huge. Such a great ride at night with the sun roof open, sitting in those great leather seats, the Boise radio playing some tunes or a favorite CD. My favorite feature is the whole car, it all comes together to make one great auto.

There is a lot of talk about the NorthStar engine. When she is working good, she is a fabulous power house. But when she has problems, it would be nice to be real chummy with your favorite banker.

Best Caddie I owned
By steve

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

I just bought this '98 and fist day I was a little uncomfortable till I found the right seat setting and I started a love affair with the car. To get in and sit down a smile from ear to ear comes across my face. Stomp on the throtle and the car flies like a 1970 Elderado. I am impressed. Handles the best of any Caddie I owmed. I have to watch the speed because I seem to do 80 pulling out on the highway. The car looks new and everyone loves the car and asks about it. She is a keeper for the long run.

The car itself feels like I stepped into the future! Plain but yet advanced driver info panel. Love the blinker reminder. The soft glove leather seats. 300 horses under the hood. 25 mpg. The the dual climate control and controls for the back seat passengers

A liitle wind noise from the driver side mirror. Move the fuse panel out of the trunk area or move it so you don't have to climb in it.