1997 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Review: It's a Cadillac

1997 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Review

Touring Coupe (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

It's a Cadillac
By car_man1 on

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 ETC isn't bad. Of course what you expect for buying a used 16 yr old caddy at 126,*** Miles. New battery, wipers, new set of rims (one was cracked and I couldn't find a replacment, but got current ones from a junk yard for free off a 91 seville:).The Service Light came on for a few weeks then went off, it is a bad O2 sensor and I haven't had $$/time to fix it now. Once in a while, it has a hard WARM start, possible leaky fuel injector ( I hope!). I ordered the service manual (I advise DIY-ers to do this) and I can't wait to start seeing how my N* works. But with gas being over $4, it may become a weekend car and back to the 01 Civic LX for me.

Heated seats, rainsense wipers (mine haven't worked since I got it, except manual mist, lo and hi, not spending $300 to fix) Maybe in the summer they will have a discount. Seats are comfy, GREAT power, nice sounding engine, roomy rear seat for a coupe, location of HVAC, radio controls, overall looks inside and out ( and stares from other drivers and pedestrians:).

The rear pillars are MAJOR blind spots. Terrible for backing out of parking spots if you park next to a larger car(You CAN'T see!) or chainging lanes. The seat back in the driver and front passenger seats should go up straighter, because, for me, they don't and I always have to hunch forward; unless I'm driving in a straight line, then I can lean back a little. It also runs fine on 5gals of regular (saves you $25.00) and the rest (15gals) on midgrade. It DOES NOT need premium unless you plan on racing or towing everyday. Happy Trails!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review