It's a Cadillac
By car_man1 on
1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe
My 97 ETC isn't bad. Of course what you expect for buying a used 16 yr old caddy at 126,*** Miles. New battery, wipers, new set of rims (one was cracked and I couldn't find a replacment, but got current ones from a junk yard for free off a 91 seville:).The Service Light came on for a few weeks then went off, it is a bad O2 sensor and I haven't had $$/time to fix it now. Once in a while, it has a hard WARM start, possible leaky fuel injector ( I hope!). I ordered the service manual (I advise DIY-ers to do this) and I can't wait to start seeing how my N* works. But with gas being over $4, it may become a weekend car and back to the 01 Civic LX for me.
Favorite Features
Heated seats, rainsense wipers (mine haven't worked since I got it, except manual mist, lo and hi, not spending $300 to fix) Maybe in the summer they will have a discount. Seats are comfy, GREAT power, nice sounding engine, roomy rear seat for a coupe, location of HVAC, radio controls, overall looks inside and out ( and stares from other drivers and pedestrians:).
Suggested Improvements
The rear pillars are MAJOR blind spots. Terrible for backing out of parking spots if you park next to a larger car(You CAN'T see!) or chainging lanes. The seat back in the driver and front passenger seats should go up straighter, because, for me, they don't and I always have to hunch forward; unless I'm driving in a straight line, then I can lean back a little. It also runs fine on 5gals of regular (saves you $25.00) and the rest (15gals) on midgrade. It DOES NOT need premium unless you plan on racing or towing everyday. Happy Trails!