1997 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Review: Eldorad OH NO!

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Review

Eldorad OH NO!
By therob on

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

Bought it used.Seemed like a solid dependable car,but the radiator started leaking(cheap plastic).Then the check engine light came on.While waiting for the diagonsis the mechanics guessed that it might be a big problem with some oil valve something.It wasn't, just a clogged EGR tube which they said was typical.It uses oil, gets less than anticipated mpg,A/C cools less than a Caddy should,and warning lights go off and on without rhyme or reason.The A/C conked out in midwinter and I may not bother with fixing.The turn signal lever needed to be fixed,too.I am not satisfied and wish I had heard about these problems before deciding on a Caddy.

Fast, but the cloud of oil when pushed hard will keep the desire to hit the pedal to a minimum. Braking is excellent. I love the Bose stereo and only wish I could transfer it to my next car.

Oil consumption! which seems to me to be a problem that should be fixed on all future models.