Used 1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

It's a Cadillac
By car_man1

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 ETC isn't bad. Of course what you expect for buying a used 16 yr old caddy at 126,*** Miles. New battery, wipers, new set of rims (one was cracked and I couldn't find a replacment, but got current ones from a junk yard for free off a 91 seville:).The Service Light came on for a few weeks then went off, it is a bad O2 sensor and I haven't had $$/time to fix it now. Once in a while, it has a hard WARM start, possible leaky fuel injector ( I hope!). I ordered the service manual (I advise DIY-ers to do this) and I can't wait to start seeing how my N* works. But with gas being over $4, it may become a weekend car and back to the 01 Civic LX for me.

Heated seats, rainsense wipers (mine haven't worked since I got it, except manual mist, lo and hi, not spending $300 to fix) Maybe in the summer they will have a discount. Seats are comfy, GREAT power, nice sounding engine, roomy rear seat for a coupe, location of HVAC, radio controls, overall looks inside and out ( and stares from other drivers and pedestrians:).

The rear pillars are MAJOR blind spots. Terrible for backing out of parking spots if you park next to a larger car(You CAN'T see!) or chainging lanes. The seat back in the driver and front passenger seats should go up straighter, because, for me, they don't and I always have to hunch forward; unless I'm driving in a straight line, then I can lean back a little. It also runs fine on 5gals of regular (saves you $25.00) and the rest (15gals) on midgrade. It DOES NOT need premium unless you plan on racing or towing everyday. Happy Trails!

Satisfied
By hadrn

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is beautiful. A Peanut butter-top on burgundy, with brand new 2008 Cadillac-Vove Rims, dipped in gold and of course brand spanking new Vove tires. I reside in Los Angeles, California, where everyone show and tell their cars, and although I'm refined my Eldorado holds its own against any fancy car, even Bentleys, in the looks department. I can't say much about my powerful motor, my Cadillac dealer takes care of that stuff, but I will comment on fuel efficiency being up to par and how well my Eldorado takes care of me when I'm out and about on the highways and by- ways.

Smooth handling, good looking and elegant all in one.

A repeat in the body style in 2010.

My Cadillac
By Da17

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 1997 Cadillac Eldorado is elegant, classy, and attractive, but has terrible gas mileage.

Hmmm.. it must be the interior comfortable seats, and the safety you feel when you ride in it.

Definetly install halogen lights, make sure the sunroof works, add a CD player.

one sweet ride
By SMILEY

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

a stunning beauty with performance to match and fuel economy as good as many mid-sized 6 cylinder cars.

BOSE DSP RADIO AND CD CHANGER, NORTHSTAR powertrain

Eldorado ETC
By MNazz

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My Eldo was purchased 3 yrs ago w/23k on it. I was 19 when i got it i am now 22 and the car just hit 90k. I have put a decent beating on this car buy flying around and flooring it often and the car has only needed brake pads&rotors. It still runs really strong and looks even better. I am very happy w/the way this car has treated me. No complaints here.

The super powerful and peppy northstar motor is definately the highlight of this car. Very appealing dashboard w/an assortments of colors and lights that illuminate it.

Could have more rear leg room.