1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
It's a Cadillac
By car_man1 on 02/21/12 11:56 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 ETC isn't bad. Of course what you expect for buying a used 16 yr old caddy at 126,*** Miles. New battery, wipers, new set of rims (one was cracked and I couldn't find a replacment, but got current ones from a junk yard for free off a 91 seville:).The Service Light came on for a few weeks then went off, it is a bad O2 sensor and I haven't had $$/time to fix it now. Once in a while, it has a hard WARM start, possible leaky fuel injector ( I hope!). I ordered the service manual (I advise DIY-ers to do this) and I can't wait to start seeing how my N* works. But with gas being over $4, it may become a weekend car and back to the 01 Civic LX for me.

Satisfied
By hadrn on 08/24/08 01:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is beautiful. A Peanut butter-top on burgundy, with brand new 2008 Cadillac-Vove Rims, dipped in gold and of course brand spanking new Vove tires. I reside in Los Angeles, California, where everyone show and tell their cars, and although I'm refined my Eldorado holds its own against any fancy car, even Bentleys, in the looks department. I can't say much about my powerful motor, my Cadillac dealer takes care of that stuff, but I will comment on fuel efficiency being up to par and how well my Eldorado takes care of me when I'm out and about on the highways and by- ways.

My Cadillac
By Da17 on 09/13/05 22:22 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 1997 Cadillac Eldorado is elegant, classy, and attractive, but has terrible gas mileage.

one sweet ride
By SMILEY on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

a stunning beauty with performance to match and fuel economy as good as many mid-sized 6 cylinder cars.

Eldorado ETC
By MNazz on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My Eldo was purchased 3 yrs ago w/23k on it. I was 19 when i got it i am now 22 and the car just hit 90k. I have put a decent beating on this car buy flying around and flooring it often and the car has only needed brake pads&rotors. It still runs really strong and looks even better. I am very happy w/the way this car has treated me. No complaints here.

Nice to look at, thats all.
By TMC on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I own an Eldorado touring coupe, and trust me the looks are the only good traits. Since I bought this car the AC has went out three times and living in Florida AC is a must. Service Engine Soon Light goes on and off wheneever it wants, so do the digital sensors. The water hose belt gets tangled at least once a month and causes car to overheat even aftertaking it to the dealership to replace the belt and pulleys. I am disappointed in Cadillac for this one.

Eldorad OH NO!
By therob on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

Bought it used.Seemed like a solid dependable car,but the radiator started leaking(cheap plastic).Then the check engine light came on.While waiting for the diagonsis the mechanics guessed that it might be a big problem with some oil valve something.It wasn't, just a clogged EGR tube which they said was typical.It uses oil, gets less than anticipated mpg,A/C cools less than a Caddy should,and warning lights go off and on without rhyme or reason.The A/C conked out in midwinter and I may not bother with fixing.The turn signal lever needed to be fixed,too.I am not satisfied and wish I had heard about these problems before deciding on a Caddy.

Be careful of oil usage
By Smendrick on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

Exceptional performance and handling, but the Northstar engine is a pig when it comes to oil consumption. Be aware that the fix is more than the car is worth.

too many sensors
By D. Green on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

bought on ebay. car has high miles, otherwise nice. love the car, but many sensors have gone out or have intermittent problems causing computer to turn on warning lights. A/C went out 3 times this summer, $900 to fix, still not real cold

Fantastic Ride
By da on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I have the ETC. 300HP instead of 275. I drove both. It sure feels like a lot more than a 25HP difference! At 35mph I can break the front tires loose on dry pavement. I got 28.99mpg driving from OKC to Branson with cruise set at 75mph. Better than my brother's Mazda 323 4 cylinder!! 'course he had problems keeping the little bugger at 75 ;>) Only complaint I have is the power antenna broke. It's a Cadillac so you can guess the replacement cost... yep A BUNCH!