1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
All cars have the goods and the bads.
By RON on 08/02/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is showroom new. I live in Palm Springs California. The car over all has been exceptional. Period. I read these other reviews and Wonder about some comments. First its not really meant to be raced. I have not replaced all these items mentioned from other reviewers. The car has always been kept in the garage. It is the Pearl color with every option. The interior looks as if it just came off the show room floor. You must always take this type of car to the Cadillac dealer. Only they have the correct tools and replacement parts. It is taken once a year for its check up. It drives as if new. It always gets 28 mpg on the highway.

Black beauty
By Peter J on 05/15/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Well my father bought the car for himself in 2006 miles 138,000, put the 4.6 vin. 9 touring engine in then gave it to me. Put new rims an tinted dark. Looks sharp. The only thing that has happened to me was the ac went out. Which was very easy to fix all it needed was to be charged, still isn't colder than my sts but I'll live. The one thing I love doing is punching it in a tunnel, and hear that baby roar! The northstar is the greatest invention. But all in all this car is the best car I have ever had "mind you I'm 19". I would buy another, but probably the last year they were in production just to get the on star* car now has 165,000 on it an runs like a dream great mpg still! 17 city 29highway

Nine Years and Counting
By Joe on 12/07/06 12:58 PM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new with only seven miles on it. Today it has 176,000 miles. I have replaced the AC compressor twice, one power steering pump, two alternators, and the head gaskets. The blown head gasket was my fault for trying to drive to next exit ignoring the warning system; a radiator hose had burst. The piston rings were replaced and the heads rebuilt when the dealer replaced the head gasket. It cost $4,000 to repair and the car had 116,000 miles. All in all the car has been reliable. The car doesn't smoke, but does drink a quart of oil every two weeks. If Cadillac came out with a design I liked, I would probably buy another. The Northstar engine is a marvel.

Owned two Eldorados, Imagine that!!
By Ben Leone on 10/16/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I owned an ETC, after replacing the trany for 2500 dollars, and it leaked so bad I had to finally trade it in.The strange thing was it was crimson red and it was as fast as a rocket, like riding in a living room with rocket power. I lost money on that one and bought another crimson red Eldo today. Three years later, I missed it so bad. I hope this one doesnt leak like the last one but if it does, I guess oil is cheap. Drive safely.

Caddy owner
By Bdawg on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

A few thing have gone wrong, The express down module is broken on the driver side door, Burns a lot of oil. not maintence freindly.

Good car for the value
By redeldo on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

1st Cadillac ever owned and it has been a very good car. Lots of comments about how good it looks. Don't know if it was worth sticker price new but I feel it was a good value at the used price. Rides like a caddy should.

Never again
By buffy on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Beautiful car ,sporty car and full of speed, but things happen to it and there is no explaination. The problems are evidently fixed with just luck. The service personnel work digilently and it is apparently a lot of experietmenting to solve the numerous problems. The first problem was a whinning sound from the front of the vehicle. The second problem was the car dies at any speed it was fixed after 2 months but the problem has returned. The car has had a cracked head and the steering broke on a trip.