1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
It's a Cadillac
By car_man1 on 02/21/12 11:56 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 ETC isn't bad. Of course what you expect for buying a used 16 yr old caddy at 126,*** Miles. New battery, wipers, new set of rims (one was cracked and I couldn't find a replacment, but got current ones from a junk yard for free off a 91 seville:).The Service Light came on for a few weeks then went off, it is a bad O2 sensor and I haven't had $$/time to fix it now. Once in a while, it has a hard WARM start, possible leaky fuel injector ( I hope!). I ordered the service manual (I advise DIY-ers to do this) and I can't wait to start seeing how my N* works. But with gas being over $4, it may become a weekend car and back to the 01 Civic LX for me.

Satisfied
By hadrn on 08/24/08 01:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is beautiful. A Peanut butter-top on burgundy, with brand new 2008 Cadillac-Vove Rims, dipped in gold and of course brand spanking new Vove tires. I reside in Los Angeles, California, where everyone show and tell their cars, and although I'm refined my Eldorado holds its own against any fancy car, even Bentleys, in the looks department. I can't say much about my powerful motor, my Cadillac dealer takes care of that stuff, but I will comment on fuel efficiency being up to par and how well my Eldorado takes care of me when I'm out and about on the highways and by- ways.

All cars have the goods and the bads.
By RON on 08/02/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is showroom new. I live in Palm Springs California. The car over all has been exceptional. Period. I read these other reviews and Wonder about some comments. First its not really meant to be raced. I have not replaced all these items mentioned from other reviewers. The car has always been kept in the garage. It is the Pearl color with every option. The interior looks as if it just came off the show room floor. You must always take this type of car to the Cadillac dealer. Only they have the correct tools and replacement parts. It is taken once a year for its check up. It drives as if new. It always gets 28 mpg on the highway.

Black beauty
By Peter J on 05/15/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Well my father bought the car for himself in 2006 miles 138,000, put the 4.6 vin. 9 touring engine in then gave it to me. Put new rims an tinted dark. Looks sharp. The only thing that has happened to me was the ac went out. Which was very easy to fix all it needed was to be charged, still isn't colder than my sts but I'll live. The one thing I love doing is punching it in a tunnel, and hear that baby roar! The northstar is the greatest invention. But all in all this car is the best car I have ever had "mind you I'm 19". I would buy another, but probably the last year they were in production just to get the on star* car now has 165,000 on it an runs like a dream great mpg still! 17 city 29highway

Nine Years and Counting
By Joe on 12/07/06 12:58 PM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new with only seven miles on it. Today it has 176,000 miles. I have replaced the AC compressor twice, one power steering pump, two alternators, and the head gaskets. The blown head gasket was my fault for trying to drive to next exit ignoring the warning system; a radiator hose had burst. The piston rings were replaced and the heads rebuilt when the dealer replaced the head gasket. It cost $4,000 to repair and the car had 116,000 miles. All in all the car has been reliable. The car doesn't smoke, but does drink a quart of oil every two weeks. If Cadillac came out with a design I liked, I would probably buy another. The Northstar engine is a marvel.

Owned two Eldorados, Imagine that!!
By Ben Leone on 10/16/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I owned an ETC, after replacing the trany for 2500 dollars, and it leaked so bad I had to finally trade it in.The strange thing was it was crimson red and it was as fast as a rocket, like riding in a living room with rocket power. I lost money on that one and bought another crimson red Eldo today. Three years later, I missed it so bad. I hope this one doesnt leak like the last one but if it does, I guess oil is cheap. Drive safely.

My Cadillac
By Da17 on 09/13/05 22:22 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My 1997 Cadillac Eldorado is elegant, classy, and attractive, but has terrible gas mileage.

one sweet ride
By SMILEY on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

a stunning beauty with performance to match and fuel economy as good as many mid-sized 6 cylinder cars.

Caddy owner
By Bdawg on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

A few thing have gone wrong, The express down module is broken on the driver side door, Burns a lot of oil. not maintence freindly.

Eldorado ETC
By MNazz on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

My Eldo was purchased 3 yrs ago w/23k on it. I was 19 when i got it i am now 22 and the car just hit 90k. I have put a decent beating on this car buy flying around and flooring it often and the car has only needed brake pads&rotors. It still runs really strong and looks even better. I am very happy w/the way this car has treated me. No complaints here.