Used 1997 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

10/10 would buy again
By Anon

1997 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I originally had a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am Gt Coupe with a bad head gasket, power steering pump, radiator and countless other issues. Leaked a quart a week. I traded that car and $500 and got me a 97 Eldorado. It's pearl white with a soft top and girls love it. Real head turner. It was a fixer upper, had a bad alternator and heater core and hoses, gas gage didn't work. I fixed the heater core and alternator for a total of $300. No complaints on performance except sometimes it takes a while to get going after stopping. Has 124k on it, I'm second owner and it came from Florida and has no rust at all. Premium gas gets it 16.5 mpg.

It's a Cadillac
By car_man1

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 ETC isn't bad. Of course what you expect for buying a used 16 yr old caddy at 126,*** Miles. New battery, wipers, new set of rims (one was cracked and I couldn't find a replacment, but got current ones from a junk yard for free off a 91 seville:).The Service Light came on for a few weeks then went off, it is a bad O2 sensor and I haven't had $$/time to fix it now. Once in a while, it has a hard WARM start, possible leaky fuel injector ( I hope!). I ordered the service manual (I advise DIY-ers to do this) and I can't wait to start seeing how my N* works. But with gas being over $4, it may become a weekend car and back to the 01 Civic LX for me.

Heated seats, rainsense wipers (mine haven't worked since I got it, except manual mist, lo and hi, not spending $300 to fix) Maybe in the summer they will have a discount. Seats are comfy, GREAT power, nice sounding engine, roomy rear seat for a coupe, location of HVAC, radio controls, overall looks inside and out ( and stares from other drivers and pedestrians:).

The rear pillars are MAJOR blind spots. Terrible for backing out of parking spots if you park next to a larger car(You CAN'T see!) or chainging lanes. The seat back in the driver and front passenger seats should go up straighter, because, for me, they don't and I always have to hunch forward; unless I'm driving in a straight line, then I can lean back a little. It also runs fine on 5gals of regular (saves you $25.00) and the rest (15gals) on midgrade. It DOES NOT need premium unless you plan on racing or towing everyday. Happy Trails!

Satisfied
By hadrn

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is beautiful. A Peanut butter-top on burgundy, with brand new 2008 Cadillac-Vove Rims, dipped in gold and of course brand spanking new Vove tires. I reside in Los Angeles, California, where everyone show and tell their cars, and although I'm refined my Eldorado holds its own against any fancy car, even Bentleys, in the looks department. I can't say much about my powerful motor, my Cadillac dealer takes care of that stuff, but I will comment on fuel efficiency being up to par and how well my Eldorado takes care of me when I'm out and about on the highways and by- ways.

Smooth handling, good looking and elegant all in one.

A repeat in the body style in 2010.

All cars have the goods and the bads.
By RON

1997 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

My 97 Eldorado is showroom new. I live in Palm Springs California. The car over all has been exceptional. Period. I read these other reviews and Wonder about some comments. First its not really meant to be raced. I have not replaced all these items mentioned from other reviewers. The car has always been kept in the garage. It is the Pearl color with every option. The interior looks as if it just came off the show room floor. You must always take this type of car to the Cadillac dealer. Only they have the correct tools and replacement parts. It is taken once a year for its check up. It drives as if new. It always gets 28 mpg on the highway.

Reminds me a little of the 70's muscle cars.

None. It is what it is.

Black beauty
By Peter J

1997 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

Well my father bought the car for himself in 2006 miles 138,000, put the 4.6 vin. 9 touring engine in then gave it to me. Put new rims an tinted dark. Looks sharp. The only thing that has happened to me was the ac went out. Which was very easy to fix all it needed was to be charged, still isn't colder than my sts but I'll live. The one thing I love doing is punching it in a tunnel, and hear that baby roar! The northstar is the greatest invention. But all in all this car is the best car I have ever had "mind you I'm 19". I would buy another, but probably the last year they were in production just to get the on star* car now has 165,000 on it an runs like a dream great mpg still! 17 city 29highway

my favorite feature would have to be the 4.6 NorthStar, the second would be the the steering wheel controls, makes it easier to stay comfortable and entertained. the AC controls are really easy to use, older models are very hard to figure out.

The molding around the windows start letting air in so u hear a drafty sounds at 70 MPH, head gaskets need to be stronger!!!