Used 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

GREAT CAR
By Dan Ferguson

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Considering the car is now 20 years old, it is a very low mileage car. 102k. Car runs and drive like new still. It would have been a car that I could not have afforded to buy new as the msrp was around $50,000. But as a 15 year old car, it has been exceptionally dependable runs and drive great and is a highway cruising MONSTER. The Northstar V-8 seems to get very mixed reviews, but as for my car it's been fantastic. Only down side, it's a 2 door car, difficult to use the back seats, and the trunk is a bit limited for the size of the vehicle. But I would recommend this car to anyone. In fact I'm selling mine right now.

Best car ever !! By far!
By cadillackid1

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I was 15 to go to local car shows with and it turned out to be the best thing I have ever bought in my life. The performance is amazing, the Northstar is one of the best engines ever, the ride is the smoothest with the air suspension, its a very quiet interior, awesome quality built, and the sound of the engine is amazing. Not to mention the drop dead good looks! I get so many compliments about the car on the street and in car shows I cant keep track. 62000kms, dark cherry metallic with matching interior, gold plated emblems with gold pinstripe and vogue rims and white walls. Only had to get a tune up since I owned it ($500). Not for someone who isnt financially stable

THE LOOKS, its one of the most beautiful Cadillacs ever built, so sad they dont make them anymore. The performance is amazing for a 3800lb car, you get thrown back harshly on hard acceleration. The suspension is the smoothest I've ever experienced. And just the overall quality of the car is great.

None.

Sold on Caddy
By Eldorado man

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love old muscle cars and I own a lot of them because of the power and performance that I thought wasn't available anymore. WRONG! This car has true power that you will not only see and hear but FEEL too! Aside from the performance, the styling and luxury of this car is incredible. It's definitely a head knocker. Not to mention the classic quality that you would expect from Cadillac. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a FUN and reliable ride!

PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE!

None.

Great Value and Performance
By ricardo719

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Styling, comfort, economy, performance, Bose sound system & CD changer

Cadillac, bring this car back!!!

Still Awesome After All These Years!
By T-Man

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased a one-owner (with all service records), 88K miles, exceptional condition white with gold accent package 1996 Caddy Eldorado two months ago. All I can say is wow! Even after 13years since it was produced this baby is still an eye- catcher and exceptional driver. Comfort, creature features, and not too big or too small to drive like a purebred sports car. Plenty of room to throw the occasional kid in the back with room to roam.

Exceptional value used, exterior style (especially from behind), plenty of performance (c'mon 300hp Northstar engine with deep grunting exhaust tones when you kick it open), great sounding Bose sound system, and extremely fun driveability.

A little firmer suspension or selectable sport mode for when you need it (or really want to play around).