1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Best car ever !! By far!
By cadillackid1 on 01/17/13 18:27 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I was 15 to go to local car shows with and it turned out to be the best thing I have ever bought in my life. The performance is amazing, the Northstar is one of the best engines ever, the ride is the smoothest with the air suspension, its a very quiet interior, awesome quality built, and the sound of the engine is amazing. Not to mention the drop dead good looks! I get so many compliments about the car on the street and in car shows I cant keep track. 62000kms, dark cherry metallic with matching interior, gold plated emblems with gold pinstripe and vogue rims and white walls. Only had to get a tune up since I owned it ($500). Not for someone who isnt financially stable

Sold on Caddy
By Eldorado man on 03/11/10 19:11 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love old muscle cars and I own a lot of them because of the power and performance that I thought wasn't available anymore. WRONG! This car has true power that you will not only see and hear but FEEL too! Aside from the performance, the styling and luxury of this car is incredible. It's definitely a head knocker. Not to mention the classic quality that you would expect from Cadillac. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a FUN and reliable ride!

Great Value and Performance
By ricardo719 on 05/18/09 03:22 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Still Awesome After All These Years!
By T-Man on 02/12/09 15:43 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased a one-owner (with all service records), 88K miles, exceptional condition white with gold accent package 1996 Caddy Eldorado two months ago. All I can say is wow! Even after 13years since it was produced this baby is still an eye- catcher and exceptional driver. Comfort, creature features, and not too big or too small to drive like a purebred sports car. Plenty of room to throw the occasional kid in the back with room to roam.

Trouble starting
By jems on 10/13/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I inherited this car from my father and thought I would be able to keep it forever. It rides nicely and I've learned how to handle it. As it has aged, it doesn't start up right away. We takes bets on how many times I have to turn the key before the engine starts each day. Then it is fine for the rest of the day. My mechanic can't fix it. I am afraid to get stuck too far away from home. But I still keep it for sentimental value.

Excellent car
By my caddy on 06/13/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Not only is my caddy fun to drive, it`s a horse, on pulling & pickup, my caddy will go as fast as I want it to, it has 150 on the speedometer & I have absolutely no doubt, that it would do that & more. You would have no problem, from the pony cars, for it has a really fast pickup & when you`re doing, maybe 35 & kick it, it will snap your head back & take away your breath. I`m not bragging, I know this personally, to be absolutely, true.

Lovin' the best Caddy ever made
By Planemanx15 on 01/23/08 20:25 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Im a college student who bought my '96 Eldo, shale with a black rag top, in Jan 07 to travel 50 miles back and forth to school. Since then i have put a cold air intake, dual Flowmaster exhaust, tint, and changed all the speakers to pioneers, dice too:) Even stock this car turned heads but now is incredable. I have overheated and had to pull over (thought I seized the engine) only to find out it was the a\c compressor, other then that, there have never been any major problems. I show the car every week at the local car show and get great comments all the time. It seems Cadillac may be coming out with a CTS coupe, which looks pretty close to the Eldo, maybe there gonna bring back this style

Best Car!
By manhattanpaul on 03/06/07 05:00 AM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my car off of eBay for a great price. I slapped some 19 inch staggered rims on it and that was all I needed to do to it. I have owned 3 Mercedes, 2 Fords, and currently I also own a 2003 GMC Denali. I prefer driving my used Cadillac any day over my $50,000 truck. This car screams elegance. Its shape is timeless. Maybe just the headlights could use some updating.

Great "Blingmobile"
By Ross Caputo on 01/07/06 20:53 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1996 Cadillac Eldorado used with 36,000 miles on it. The previous owner added wire wheels, vogue tires, atainless rocker panels, wheel well fender trim, and white Landau top. The paint is a beautiful metallic maroon. I constantly get positive comments from passers-by. It has a very responsive Northstar engine and holds the road really well. My previous car was a '92 Eldorado, black with a cream interior in great shape but when I happened upon this car I was really taken by the look. I had to have it. Having experienced some repair costs with my prevoius Eldorado I decided to purchase a warranty plan with this one. Cadillac dealer repairs are extremely expensive. I look forward to driving this car, too bad they've dropped production.

FUN TO DRIVE
By snagy on 05/09/05 19:41 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my Cadillac Eldorado with 28,000 miles on it in 2003. I just love to drive this thing. Its performance and comfort are great. I did get an extended warranty when I bought the car, which has paid for itself. I had to replace a swaybar. Other than that, I've had to perform just normal maintenance, like tune ups, plugs and wires, oil changes, and stuff like that. These things are expensive if you take it to the dealer. I suggest a local mechanic that specializes in Cadillacs.