1996 Cadillac Eldorado Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

1996 Eldorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Sort Reviews by

Best car ever !! By far!
By cadillackid1

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I was 15 to go to local car shows with and it turned out to be the best thing I have ever bought in my life. The performance is amazing, the Northstar is one of the best engines ever, the ride is the smoothest with the air suspension, its a very quiet interior, awesome quality built, and the sound of the engine is amazing. Not to mention the drop dead good looks! I get so many compliments about the car on the street and in car shows I cant keep track. 62000kms, dark cherry metallic with matching interior, gold plated emblems with gold pinstripe and vogue rims and white walls. Only had to get a tune up since I owned it ($500). Not for someone who isnt financially stable

Favorite Features

THE LOOKS, its one of the most beautiful Cadillacs ever built, so sad they dont make them anymore. The performance is amazing for a 3800lb car, you get thrown back harshly on hard acceleration. The suspension is the smoothest I've ever experienced. And just the overall quality of the car is great.

Suggested Improvements

None.

A Luxury Hot Rod
By ssspump

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome!! Mine is the Metallic Maroon with the Tan leather. With the Cadillac chrome wheels, it is definitely an eye catcher. The Northstar engine purrs like a kitten, the brakes are very confident building, and the ride is great. I really can't find much negative to say about the car, but for a car that is 14 plus years old, I will put it up against many of the later products, foreign or domestic. For the investment, it is one of the smartest that I can think of.

Favorite Features

The curb appeal is outstanding for the age of the car. The performance is STILL better than most cars.

Suggested Improvements

Access to the rear is somewhat awkward, but that is not an issue in most instances.

Sold on Caddy
By Eldorado man

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love old muscle cars and I own a lot of them because of the power and performance that I thought wasn't available anymore. WRONG! This car has true power that you will not only see and hear but FEEL too! Aside from the performance, the styling and luxury of this car is incredible. It's definitely a head knocker. Not to mention the classic quality that you would expect from Cadillac. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a FUN and reliable ride!

Favorite Features

PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE!

Suggested Improvements

None.

That Caddy
By inkpimp1981

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

For all the Cadillac fans out the who really appreciate their luxury car, you need to test drive one of these suckers. They move like no other, and sped pass a BMW 74Li. Thats a 'Lac!!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration and maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

KEEP YOU OIL AND TRANSMISSION AND FUEL INJECTORS CLEAN MY FRIEND.

Great Value and Performance
By ricardo719

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, economy, performance, Bose sound system & CD changer

Suggested Improvements

Cadillac, bring this car back!!!

Still Awesome After All These Years!
By T-Man

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased a one-owner (with all service records), 88K miles, exceptional condition white with gold accent package 1996 Caddy Eldorado two months ago. All I can say is wow! Even after 13years since it was produced this baby is still an eye- catcher and exceptional driver. Comfort, creature features, and not too big or too small to drive like a purebred sports car. Plenty of room to throw the occasional kid in the back with room to roam.

Favorite Features

Exceptional value used, exterior style (especially from behind), plenty of performance (c'mon 300hp Northstar engine with deep grunting exhaust tones when you kick it open), great sounding Bose sound system, and extremely fun driveability.

Suggested Improvements

A little firmer suspension or selectable sport mode for when you need it (or really want to play around).

Trouble starting
By jems

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I inherited this car from my father and thought I would be able to keep it forever. It rides nicely and I've learned how to handle it. As it has aged, it doesn't start up right away. We takes bets on how many times I have to turn the key before the engine starts each day. Then it is fine for the rest of the day. My mechanic can't fix it. I am afraid to get stuck too far away from home. But I still keep it for sentimental value.

Favorite Features

Luxury interior and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Fix blind spots.

Excellent car
By my caddy

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Not only is my caddy fun to drive, it`s a horse, on pulling & pickup, my caddy will go as fast as I want it to, it has 150 on the speedometer & I have absolutely no doubt, that it would do that & more. You would have no problem, from the pony cars, for it has a really fast pickup & when you`re doing, maybe 35 & kick it, it will snap your head back & take away your breath. I`m not bragging, I know this personally, to be absolutely, true.

Favorite Features

power, comfort, interior design & i love the design of the outside, i always have, since they started making them, to look as such, i like the traditional dualies, but on the el dorado, it has two on each exhaust

Suggested Improvements

mpg has a wide range, for improvement.

Lovin' the best Caddy ever made
By Planemanx15

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Im a college student who bought my '96 Eldo, shale with a black rag top, in Jan 07 to travel 50 miles back and forth to school. Since then i have put a cold air intake, dual Flowmaster exhaust, tint, and changed all the speakers to pioneers, dice too:) Even stock this car turned heads but now is incredable. I have overheated and had to pull over (thought I seized the engine) only to find out it was the a\c compressor, other then that, there have never been any major problems. I show the car every week at the local car show and get great comments all the time. It seems Cadillac may be coming out with a CTS coupe, which looks pretty close to the Eldo, maybe there gonna bring back this style

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, nice lines, looks like a hot rod but classy at the same time, rag top makes it very clean, great rims, nice brakes, awesome power, very nice exhaust sound, love the huge doors and windows (great to cruise with the windows down, almost convertible like)

Suggested Improvements

Make the blind spots smaller, better radio (aux input would have been nice) stock cd player, a little more fuel economy would be nice but its a V8 so I'm happy with 26mpg, Convertable would have been a great model!

Best Car!
By manhattanpaul

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my car off of eBay for a great price. I slapped some 19 inch staggered rims on it and that was all I needed to do to it. I have owned 3 Mercedes, 2 Fords, and currently I also own a 2003 GMC Denali. I prefer driving my used Cadillac any day over my $50,000 truck. This car screams elegance. Its shape is timeless. Maybe just the headlights could use some updating.

Favorite Features

The electronic climate control with rear ac, one touch windows, heated seats, trip computer, airbag suspension, seats that fold all the way back, automatic headlights, the list goes on and on. This is simply the best car for the money without a doubt (if purchased used)!

Suggested Improvements

I would love to update the headlights, add a navigation system, and maybe tune the exhaust (although at full throttle this car is music to my ears)