Used 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Reviews

1996 Cadillac Eldorado

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Best car ever !! By far!
By cadillackid1

1996 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I was 15 to go to local car shows with and it turned out to be the best thing I have ever bought in my life. The performance is amazing, the Northstar is one of the best engines ever, the ride is the smoothest with the air suspension, its a very quiet interior, awesome quality built, and the sound of the engine is amazing. Not to mention the drop dead good looks! I get so many compliments about the car on the street and in car shows I cant keep track. 62000kms, dark cherry metallic with matching interior, gold plated emblems with gold pinstripe and vogue rims and white walls. Only had to get a tune up since I owned it ($500). Not for someone who isnt financially stable

Favorite Features

THE LOOKS, its one of the most beautiful Cadillacs ever built, so sad they dont make them anymore. The performance is amazing for a 3800lb car, you get thrown back harshly on hard acceleration. The suspension is the smoothest I've ever experienced. And just the overall quality of the car is great.

Suggested Improvements

None.

A Luxury Hot Rod
By ssspump

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome!! Mine is the Metallic Maroon with the Tan leather. With the Cadillac chrome wheels, it is definitely an eye catcher. The Northstar engine purrs like a kitten, the brakes are very confident building, and the ride is great. I really can't find much negative to say about the car, but for a car that is 14 plus years old, I will put it up against many of the later products, foreign or domestic. For the investment, it is one of the smartest that I can think of.

Favorite Features

The curb appeal is outstanding for the age of the car. The performance is STILL better than most cars.

Suggested Improvements

Access to the rear is somewhat awkward, but that is not an issue in most instances.

Sold on Caddy
By Eldorado man

1996 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

I love old muscle cars and I own a lot of them because of the power and performance that I thought wasn't available anymore. WRONG! This car has true power that you will not only see and hear but FEEL too! Aside from the performance, the styling and luxury of this car is incredible. It's definitely a head knocker. Not to mention the classic quality that you would expect from Cadillac. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a FUN and reliable ride!

Favorite Features

PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE!

Suggested Improvements

None.

That Caddy
By inkpimp1981

1996 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

For all the Cadillac fans out the who really appreciate their luxury car, you need to test drive one of these suckers. They move like no other, and sped pass a BMW 74Li. Thats a 'Lac!!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration and maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

KEEP YOU OIL AND TRANSMISSION AND FUEL INJECTORS CLEAN MY FRIEND.

Great Value and Performance
By ricardo719

1996 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe

My previous car, the Seville SLS, was a nice car, essentially trouble-free for 4 years, so I felt confident going with another Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Its styling is beautiful, the performance and handling are solid. On hard acceleration I get thrown back in the seat! The fuel economy was amazing (18/27) for a "heavy" car with a V8 engine; then I put nitrogen in the tires and experienced a 12% increase! I hope to keep this car forever, since they don't build them anymore! What a shame! This car has all the options, Bose sound and a 12-disc changer, glass moonroof, the works! I love the color, a metallic maroon, I think they call it Crimson Pearl, it's gorgeous!

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, economy, performance, Bose sound system & CD changer

Suggested Improvements

Cadillac, bring this car back!!!